Texas newbie

/ Texas newbie #1  

JP_Austin

Tractor
Kubota M4D-071
Purchased 100 acres east of Austin TX about 18 months back. Slowly getting the land back into shape. Leasing it for cattle at the moment. Lot of plans in the works. Just finished a large shop and still working on the build out and finishing. House in the near future. Was a lot of fun getting the mesquite under control. Luckily it wasn't over run with the pesky stuff but enough to be a problem. Looking forward to a tractor as I have been lurking on here for months. Settled on a Kubota M4D and still waiting for it to arrive.

/ Texas newbie #3  
Welcome to the forum, neighbor!

Mesquite is a way of life down here. Without it, I wouldn't have much shade or Barbeque. :giggle: The only thing worse is cactus. o_O I've been fighting that for years. Animals eat the pears and spread the seed.

/ Texas newbie #5  
Welcome to TBN JP...enjoy.

/ Texas newbie #7  
Welcome to the forum, neighbor!

Mesquite is a way of life down here. Without it, I wouldn't have much shade or Barbeque. :giggle: The only thing worse is cactus. o_O I've been fighting that for years. Animals eat the pears and spread the seed.
I controlled my prickly pear by spraying with a herbicide named Surmount. I sprayed in May and all were dead by August. Yes, animals do spread seed, resulting in new plants, but I keep up by treating new plants annually. It’s far easier to maintain than do the initial treatment of an infested site.

Oh, and welcome to our forum.

Last edited:
   / Texas newbie #8  
Settled on a Kubota M4D and still waiting for it to arrive.

Good choice.

WELCOME.

/ Texas newbie #9  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

/ Texas newbie
Thanks all. Looking forward to the fun.