Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,781  
They have added room on so the line isn't that bad as it use to be,well the times I have ate in wasn’t much of a wait. We can usually order and pick up pretty quick and eat at the house lol

Country Cousins in centerville also is good bbq,I get there big loaded baked potato with brisket in it. They built new place there behind there old place

Years ago there was a bbq joint there called Mama Mike's. Thought it was pretty good. The last time I went to Leona for a steak it was amazing to see that many parked cars and people waiting outside for a table. All in a place that you could miss if you blinked driving by.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,782  
Years ago there was a bbq joint there called Mama Mike's. Thought it was pretty good. The last time I went to Leona for a steak it was amazing to see that many parked cars and people waiting outside for a table. All in a place that you could miss if you blinked driving by.

Kinda like Royer’s cafe in Roundtop? Littlest place ever. Biggest and best pies ever. Usually a line to get in. Everything I ever ate there was delicious.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,783  
I loved the Corral Cafe. My aunt and uncle knew the owners. We ate lunch there alot on Sundays when my aunt didn't wanna cook after church. I was always wanting to get something in the gift shop. But Dad always said no.
If you are between New Waverly and Willis and want catfish, The Fish Pond on Hwy. 75 is the place to be.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,784  
I loved the Corral Cafe. My aunt and uncle knew the owners. We ate lunch there alot on Sundays when my aunt didn't wanna cook after church. I was always wanting to get something in the gift shop. But Dad always said no.
If you are between New Waverly and Willis and want catfish, The Fish Pond on Hwy. 75 is the place to be.
hugs, Brandi

Drove by The Fish Pond couple months ago on the way to rescue my son who was broke down near Kingwood. It was dark and looked pretty crowded.
Miss the Corral Cafe.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,785  
It's the two story restrauant with dining decks and steps down to the river. I don't remember the name of it. But as I remember, you can see the Trail of Lights from the west dining deck. It is just near the bridge. Slept since then and it's foggy now. As I remember, it was right beside new construction of a hotel. Or maybe a new Chili's.

Checking google maps shows it right beside Hampton Inn with Chili's between them. The name is River City Grill. Very crowded and they have a whole wooden (Chriscraft?) boat on the wall or hanging from the ceiling.
hugs, Brandi

W go there just about every other Sunday evening for the smoked prime rib, but we are fairly close. :D

We’ve seen that place and it looks nice but the Bluebonnet just keeps pulling us back in.

One Sunday morning, my daughter,Grand daughter, and I tried to eat at the Bluebonnet. But the line was out the door and around the corner.
hugs, Brandi

Ok, so we are talking about Marble Falls. Been to Bluebonnet, but not the 2 story place.

Kinda like Royer’s cafe in Roundtop? Littlest place ever. Biggest and best pies ever. Usually a line to get in. Everything I ever ate there was delicious.

Bring cash or a check, they don't take credit cards. Good stuff. Haven't been in a while.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,786  
I remember that place first time I ate calf fries lol

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,787  
My son got his first buck he sure was excited,well we both was lol.
093EA377-061D-4B52-8444-C10FD874C52E.jpeg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,789  
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...Have a Great New Year!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,790  
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas...Have a Great New Year!!

Yes, and Merry Christmas to all of you.

We were discussing the tradition of black eyed peas at New Years......we figured that someone long ago ate some and the fiber did them well to start the new year. :)