Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,251  
National Weather Service says it's 14 degrees in Denton, and it felt like it when I went out to the shop a few minutes ago.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,252  
32 degrees and the wind is whipping. Started the fire at 3 a.m. heavy wind made it a challenge getting a draw up the chimney. After an hour or so, finally got it going. Warming things nicely now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,253  
18 here this morning. Goats are hungry. HS

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,254  
NWS says Denton is now down to 12 degrees, and I don't think it'll go any lower today.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,255  
Winter has arrived in central Texas. Talk about extremes. Take a look at the two pictures taken in our goat shed. The wind chill, and it is windy, is reportedly 9° to 19°. After spending the last 30 minutes out there I will go with the 9°. Warm.jpg Cold.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,256  
Just an opinion offered, Consider Camp Tejas Christmas if Santa's Wonderland pricing and crowds tick you off.

Less commercial. More Christian message. Not sure if it's non-profit (I believe it is), but it only costs $8 to get in. Meals are extra, and so is the zip line.

Tejas | Home

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,257  
Just an opinion offered, Consider Camp Tejas Christmas if Santa's Wonderland pricing and crowds tick you off.

Less commercial. More Christian message. Not sure if it's non-profit (I believe it is), but it only costs $8 to get in. Meals are extra, and so is the zip line.

Tejas | Home

Sounds good Kyle. Thanks for the heads up.
Merry Christmas hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,258  
Sounds good Kyle. Thanks for the heads up.
Merry Christmas hugs, Brandi

It was a pleasant surprise when we went several years ago. The lights are amazing and not one santa. Emphasis is on the real meaning of Christmas.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,259  
Merry Christmas everyone,, And I might add that it got so cold down here, on the gulf, that my computer froze up and it was inside.:eek:. Smile Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,260  
It was a pleasant surprise when we went several years ago. The lights are amazing and not one santa. Emphasis is on the real meaning of Christmas.

Don, they have a new indoor light show with a great message that even my kids watched.

I love their dining hall. Especially on a cold morning with a hot fire blazing in the fireplace.