Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,281  
Almost all the 18 wheelers run in line six cylinder diesels in this country. Some of the European diesels like Scania use V8s, because they run more cab overs.

Exactly. America has been brainwashed that V8s are the "in" power trip and nothing beats them. I had a Ford F250 with the inline 6 300 cu. in. I was always having "pulling" arguments with folks who had V8s. I surprised one or two of them.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,282  
Some pictures of the outing yesterday,, was a nice day.. Lou

new addition the calf,, and max (the dog) got in trouble and had to set in the truck..

I love all the photos, Lou!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,283  
I bet if my hands where as small as yours, I could get mine from the bottom too, had one the guys in the crew do that for me in a motel parking lot in Colorado. I can almost grab the filter, but cant grasp it enough to loosen.

Small hands do good mechanics make.:D Sounds like a poem by Lou.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,284  
Woohoo! A towing contest! Sounds like fun! :D :stirthepot:
Challenge accepted.:laughing: We just gotta figure out who will pull who (Dennis or You in front) when Y'all try to pull my Cummins.:stirthepot:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,285  
I saw the house Rebecca is buying, yesterday. Since her friend is letting her stay (paying) while she gets back on her feet, Rebecca is already planning on paying it forward. Rebecca's high school (and college) friend will be moving in Rebecca and Chloe's house as a room mate starting a week after Rebecca moves in. Now Rebecca's payment will be around $300 a month for this...............
Rebecca's 1st House.jpegRebecca's 1st House Kitchen.jpegRebecca's 1st House Backside.jpeg
Did I raise a smart, kind, and loving daughter? You betcha.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,286  
I saw the house Rebecca is buying, yesterday. Since her friend is letting her stay (paying) while she gets back on her feet, Rebecca is already planning on paying it forward. Rebecca's high school (and college) friend will be moving in Rebecca and Chloe's house as a room mate starting a week after Rebecca moves in. Now Rebecca's payment will be around $300 a month for this...............
View attachment 361152View attachment 361153View attachment 361154
Did I raise a smart, kind, and loving daughter? You betcha.
hugs, Brandi

Wow that is good. The average rent for an apartment within 10 miles of Austin is $978 for a one bedroom. Oh, by the the way a burglar is trying to get into the garage.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,287  
Wow that is good. The average rent for an apartment within 10 miles of Austin is $978 for a one bedroom. Oh, by the the way a burglar is trying to get into the garage.

Don,
Rebecca and her room mate (for now) had nice two bedroom apts. for 900 a month up north Austin off of 183. Not far from where the pilot flew his plane into the IRS building.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,288  
Dennis,
What year is your Duramax?
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,289  
Dennis,
First off........I was thinking wrong.:eek: I just crawl under to undo the oil drain plug.:thumbsup: I pull the turbo duct from the air box to get to the filter from the top. Starting threads upside down on a filter full of oil is fun.

Now, go ahead and bring the bicycle, cause your Duramx would be wooped.;) I'll put any Cummins powered pickup against all the other diesel pickup. Even if it has an Allison transmission behind it.:shocked::shocked:

2003 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty 2500/3500 - First Look & Road Test - Motor Trend

Ram's new inline-six 5.9-liter High-Output Cummins Turbo Diesel engine, which delivers 305 horsepower at 2900 rpm and 555 lb-ft of torque at only 1400 rpm when shifted by its manual six-speed transmission. Dodge rightfully boasts that this is the most powerful turbo diesel available in the 2500/3500 truck market, offering a tow rating of 23,000 pounds (Gross Combined Weight Rating). It may also be the most durable, engineered to have an average major overhaul interval of 350,000 miles and oil-change intervals of 15,000 miles instead of the customary 7500. While their displacements and cylinder counts are larger, Ford's 7.3-liter V-8 Power Stroke and General Motors' 6.6-liter Duramax turbo diesels don't quite measure up to the output of the High-Output Cummins, producing 275 hp/520 lb-ft and 300 hp/520 lb-ft, respectively.

Now Dennis..............add another 100 horsepower:shocked::shocked: for crusin' or 50 horsepower:eek: for pulling from the programmer;)..................and you might wanna bring two bicycles:2cents:..........one to ride home after the first one burn it's tires up in the flames my tires are gonna start leaving you in black smoke.:cool2: Oh well..........back to the tire shop.:p Cause I really can spin all four rear tires. Don't ask me how I know this:censored:.

You just gotta understand:melodramatic: Cummins:checkeredflag: derated:yellowflag: this engine 100s and 100s of horsepower to get it to work with a factory (cough):fever: transmission.:soapbox:
hugs, Brandi

I love it when Brandi talks a little smack.

Charlie