Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters #1  

wawajake

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 , Kubota RTV X1100C
I am considering buying a 48 inch rotary cutter for my BX2660 tractor (19 hp at pto)
In Canada it is name brand Orion, but that is a rebrand off the Tennessee River Implement manufacturer.
I never heard of them and I downloaded their manual.
Seems okay, rear discharge typical design otherwise. But I don't see too many of you folks talking about that brand. I like that it is North American made, but still would like some thoughts about quality if anyone has any?
MY dealer here seems sold on these and just keeps their various sizes in stock .

gear box is 40 hp , 5/8 inch stump jumper and deck thickness is 11 Ga Steel. Single tail wheel, floating a frame top link. Unit weighs 422 pounds . Model L440 They want $1195 cdn.

thoughts anyone ?

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters #2  
off the top of my head the specs sound awfully close to a king cutter, which you should be able to get for less money... around here anyway. I have heard mostly good things about king cutter, for the price anyway.

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters
King Cutter not available in my part of Canada.

Anyone know about the Tennesee company or Orion?

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters #4  
I just bought a Tennessee River 6' cutter and seems like a fine implement. It is too new for me to give any advice on it but my dealer gave me a choice between a Woods for over double the price and this one. I trust these guys and asked them which one they would buy if price wasn't an issue. Their response was that it would be hard for them to justify the extra expense unless it was being used every day commercially and for my use it would be a fine purchase.

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters #5  
I got a TRI 48" cutter a year ago for light duty use behind a 21 hp pto tractor. Works great for intended use and good build quality.

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters #6  
I have looked at these at my local dealer. They sale quite a few of them, and the price is comparable to a Tractor Supply cutter.
They appear a step above the TSC cutters.

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters #7  
I had one for about 2 years and loved it (48"). I only sold it because I got a much larger tractor and needed a 6'. I looked at their 6 foot and think it sold for 950 here in the US. I did buy a different brand just because I got a really great deal on it (used) otherwise I would have bought the TRI.

/ Tennessee River Implement Rotary Cutters
good to know TRI users...............I think I will pull the trigger on the 48 inch one next week.

thanks