Temporary Passwrod requested?

/ Temporary Passwrod requested? #1  

TonyC

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL
I got an e-mail today from TBN that says:

Someone from the ip address '67.65.249.15' requested a temporary password for the Login Name 'TonyC' for the website 'TractorByNet.com Discussion Forums'. This is a temporary password that can be used if you have forgotten your original password. If you did not request this, please ignore this message. The temporary password for this Login Name is --

I didn't request it. The e-mail says to ignore it but I can't help but be curious...why would someone else request a password for my name? Anyone else had this happen?

[Edited password out]

/ Temporary Passwrod requested? #2  
<font color="blue"> I didn't request it. The e-mail says to ignore it but I can't help but be curious...why would someone else request a password for my name? Anyone else had this happen? </font>

It's not that uncommon to get emails like this -- perhaps there is a guy named Tony that on other websites uses the username TonyC. He may have been a member of TBN but at the time created a different username. Now, he has come back to TBN or thought he had been a member of TBN and requested his password for the username TonyC. Well, instead the REAL TonyC on this forum gets the password email -- and he does not.

I would not be too concerned about this happening to you.

/ Temporary Passwrod requested? #3  
Well, now that you've posted the temporary password, we can all see if we can sign in as YOU!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
John