Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,451  
Is it true the Joshua is soon to expand by 18,000 acres?
I read that a bill is proposed to incorporate a lot of low desert land into the park. Dunno what that would mean except higher operating costs

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,452  
Mainers probably already knew this.

View attachment 862972

Uh-oh. I always thought first light of day in USA was either Cadillac Mtn near Bar Harbor, Maine or maybe the edge of Maine and New Brunswick near Campobello. I don't ever recall Mt Katahdin.
Could a bottle cap be wrong or am I just remembering wrong?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,453  
Here's some interesting reading on the sunrise...

Now if you want the absolute first place that the sun shines on US soil, it's Wake Island in the Pacific.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,455  
April Fools?

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#8,458  
Those red and yellow dots on tires? I don’t think this had been discussed.

The yellow dot is the lightest point on a tire and should line up with the valve stem. The red dot is the lowest spot on a tire and should line up with the highest point on a wheel. The red dot is suppose to govern over the yellow dot but in my experience the yellow dot always ends up on the valve stem. Somehow the wheel is marked to show its highest spot.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,460  
Those red and yellow dots on tires? I don’t think this had been discussed.

The yellow dot is the lightest point on a tire and should line up with the valve stem. The red dot is the lowest spot on a tire and should line up with the highest point on a wheel. The red dot is suppose to govern over the yellow dot but in my experience the yellow dot always ends up on the valve stem. Somehow the wheel is marked to show its highest spot.
That is some useful information!