Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,241  
B7C1E589-23CE-4A07-899B-15E547E9FBAF.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,243  
Ok that's a different discussion, no one respectable would support Ki!!ing for fun and waste the meat and that's not what big game hunting means you made a big assumption here on what he meant by big game hunting because you didn't ask, you went straight to conclusion. You also have a strong opinion for someone who clearly don't know anything about LEGAL African big game hunting, I suggest you research the matter from a unbiased position, you can ''approve'' it or not but it doesn't changes the fact that these hunts are legal, organize, and guided by locals which help their economy and the meat is harvested and distributed to feed the locals, some animals population need to be controlled for the animals sake and to preserve human life and prosperity that wont change, so why not help their economy while doing it ? ... Rhino hunting is illegals and that's poaching no ethical being would support that.
Your opinion and mine differ. I'd say the motivating parameter is, you cannot afford the price of admission which is usually well north of 15 grand typically, with some hunts exceeding 30 grand.

Not poaching at all. In fact they are all supervised hunts and the meat is always donated to the locals anyway. You really know nothing about it except what you read in some rag paper and 99% of what you read is total BS anyway. I keep my hunts to the United States as a rule because I cannot afford the price of admission. Some of the guys I hunt with can however. You can hunt for local big game anywhere in the world today so long as you can afford the price of admission and that includes Baltic countries as well. Bottom line is you only know what you read about and most of that is severely tainted.

Here in Michigan, we have a large Elk population that is supervised by the MDNR and you can hunt them (Elk is excellent meat btw) but hunting for them is 100% supervised and you can only cull what the MDNR officer tells you, you can and it's by lottery only. Elk was native to here prior to population my humans which drove them out west to less populated areas. PA also has a large Elk population, also supervised by the PA DNR and the same deal applies. I like to hunt and I enjoy eating wild game and I'll leave it at that.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,244  
Your opinion and mine differ. I'd say the motivating parameter is, you cannot afford the price of admission which is usually well north of 15 grand typically, with some hunts exceeding 30 grand.

Not poaching at all. In fact they are all supervised hunts and the meat is always donated to the locals anyway. You really know nothing about it except what you read in some rag paper and 99% of what you read is total BS anyway. I keep my hunts to the United States as a rule because I cannot afford the price of admission. Some of the guys I hunt with can however. You can hunt for local big game anywhere in the world today so long as you can afford the price of admission and that includes Baltic countries as well. Bottom line is you only know what you read about and most of that is severely tainted.

Here in Michigan, we have a large Elk population that is supervised by the MDNR and you can hunt them (Elk is excellent meat btw) but hunting for them is 100% supervised and you can only cull what the MDNR officer tells you, you can and it's by lottery only. Elk was native to here prior to population my humans which drove them out west to less populated areas. PA also has a large Elk population, also supervised by the PA DNR and the same deal applies. I like to hunt and I enjoy eating wild game and I'll leave it at that.
I don't see how our opinion differ...you misunderstood my position and even what i wrote... my knowledge on the matter goes beyond a few bias article.... I would love that experience and share the African culture at it's roots. I don't know what you mean by the motivating parameter and who told you I couldn't afford of if that's what you mean but regardless it's not something I would ''waste'' money on, (for the record for me going out on a vacation is wasted money) .. that aside, I was answering to masseyrider who got offended by your big game hunting statement and associated it with illegal poaching in Africa. There was three post deleted prior to this, my intent was to defend hunting in general and exploring his objection to big game hunting. His objection was ki!!ing endangered species ki!!ing for fun and wasting the meat all this while spreading insults. I insisted to reply to his last deleted post as he clearly didn't make the distinction between big game hunting and poaching and didn't know the economical and wild life management implication of big game hunting and benefit to the locals population in Africa.

Now with that in mind how is our opinion differ ?

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,249  
Yep. I'm not sure why people aren't sure how a net worth statement works and why they won't do it.

"you subtract your total liabilities from your total assets"

In simple terms, if you sold everything you own and then paid off all your debts, how much would you have left over.

In more complex terms, it'll also show you where all of your worth is: house, land, cars, other property, cash, investments, etc.

So if your net worth is, say, a million bucks and your house is worth $990,000, you're on shaky ground, in my opinion.

If your net worth is, again, say, a million bucks, and your house is worth $250,000, you probably have a much better outlook and less stress in your life....

Unless you have a big boat. :ROFLMAO:
My financial statement only captures a moment in time.

In 1985 I bought a home for 50k.

23 years later in 2008 it was a solid 500k

In 2009 it dropped to 100k

Now 15 years from the low in 2024 it's 650k

For what it's worth to the discussion the home with detached garage cost $2800 new in 1922 and my seller paid $1800 cash ten years later in 1932...

The 25 year shingles I put on myself in 1986 are played out...

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,250  
My financial statement only captures a moment in time.

As does mine on a daily basis. It provides a really nice graph as to how our net worth has grown (and shrank) over the decades. I'm having some problems with it now, because our financial institution put in some new software and is blocking it from querying the accounts.