Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#8,211  
I agree, my investments have increased in the last 4 years but so has gasoline, diesel, food etc. Am I better off now? Probably not by much if any.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,212  
I read the link. Low income people are paring down fast food orders.... WHAAA! We never ate out when we were poor. Ever. That's how we got un-poor! We cooked at home.
I don't disagree your point but you're missing the economy lesson. Your graph looks good to those of us in the market but a huge swath of Americans are not in the market. oh well, you're not unlike many who watch the msm.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,213  
Good job ignoring my link as well as the bottom 50% who aren't part of the market. 👍
And, the article said:

"Roughly a quarter of low-income consumers, defined as those making less than $50,000 a year, said they were eating less fast food and about half said they were making fewer trips to fast-casual and full-service dining establishments, according to polling in February by Revenue Management Solutions, a consulting firm."

I've never made $50K a year in my life! Ever.

And I stopped at McD's this morning and got a sausage mcmuffin and large root beer AND rounded it up to $4 to give the change to Ronald McDonald house. $4 for breakfast. There's nothing wrong with that price. And I could have made it for under $1.50 at home. :rolleyes:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,214  
I agree, my investments have increased in the last 4 years but so has gasoline, diesel, food etc. Am I better off now? Probably not by much if any.
Have you done net worth statements over the past few years? It would confirm your hunch if true.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,215  
I don't disagree your point but you're missing the economy lesson. Your graph looks good to those of us in the market but a huge swath of Americans are not in the market. oh well, you're not unlike many who watch the msm.
I had to look up msm. The first few pages were:

Then I found it. I guess the rebuttal you'd expect would be you're not unlike many who watch fox news? :ROFLMAO:

I try to read and watch everything and make up my own mind.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,216  
I had to look up msm. The first few pages were:

Then I found it. I guess the rebuttal you'd expect would be you're not unlike many who watch fox news? :ROFLMAO:

I try to read and watch everything and make up my own mind.
You know what they say about assume(ing), I don't watch Fox News but stop lying about the economy because I deal with the working poor on a daily basis.

Let's get off the subject as you don't seem to mind going down the politics path and we both know the rules.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,217  
Back to the OP.

IMG_1150.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,218  
You know what they say about assume(ing), I don't watch Fox News but stop lying about the economy because I deal with the working poor on a daily basis.

Let's get off the subject as you don't seem to mind going down the politics path and we both know the rules.
Some people are better at planning, making sacrifices, knowing when to spend and when to save. Also the best way to invest that disposable income when they do start to get ahead.

What it really comes down to is that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,219  
You're out of touch my friend. Not everyone is in the market like you and I. Lower income folks are hurting and no matter how much you deny it, the economy sucks.
I'm having to raise my prices 10% to cover increased labor and expenses and I'm sure I'll hear some customer complaints but we have no choice.

And then there is this.

Amazon's senior employees may not get a cash pay raise this year​

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,220  
Some people think they are getting richer because of inflation. Inflation does not make you wealthier. Mossy is still in the same relative socio-economic obscurity as he was before because inflation pumps up everyone's assets on paper.

The Fed and the Treasury have both been injecting liquidity into the markets since mid 2023. Another $400 billion is coming between now and the election. The markets have bbeen reacting to almost $2trillion of liquidity pumped in by the Fed and Treasury but by election day their ONRRP will be drained. It's just a coincidence, isn't it?

Unless one has been doing net worth statements for a long time, they have no way to actually see if their net worth has grown, shrunk or stagnated over their lifetime. They just "feel" that they are in X or Y situation with nothing on paper to prove one way or the other. That's why I encourage people to do those statements at least once a year, if not more often.
As for the economy sucking... GDP would beg to differ.

The Borrower of Last Resort: What Explains the Rise of ON RRP Facility Usage?