Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,781  
And it seems people are promoted until they are no longer qualified to do their job.
In government work, we used to call that being promoted out of the danger zone.
Many, Many stories....

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,782  
It looks like there is no end to celebrating diversity…

There was a time when unity was celebrated…
There is no valid reason that diversity and unity need to be mutually exclusive. In fact, it is to the advantage to all involved if it isn't.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,783  
That right there is not a viable reason for these unskilled jobs. Trust me. It's who you know, not what you know.
You are sooooooo right! Not only that, but it's who has your loyalty and whose arse you've been kissing.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,785  
Side note, my wife is an engineer, and was always the type that the older men at work adored. It was a double-edged sword for her, as she was always "noticed and remembered". Do something great, and it's noticed and remembered. Screw up anything ever, and it's always noticed and remembered.

I like to add, I am a mining technologist, I work with engineer every day, as a matter of fact our Director of the department is a woman engineer, she is very smart and competent, we also have a few woman engineer in the department and I can say that there is no prejudice towards them, if anything folks are more giving and soft around the edge towards them. The company goes out of there way to always keep at least one woman engineer employ and it's obvious, when they quite the next wave of interviewees are all woman, every time. If there is a article from the company going out to the press who is on the cover ?? a woman and or someone of color... I find it amusing. At least so far they all been competent.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,786  
73F22572-F9D5-40BF-B076-BB4EE95BDF51.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,787  
...Mt. Everest

I was out in the middle of a mid-east desert once upon a time. Up on an escarpment when I noted a clam shell at my feet. My first thought was "who is eating clams out here?". Then I realized I was standing on what once was a reef of some type. I still have the shells around here somewhere. It was a moment that I recall as if it were yesterday.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,788  
yes, our planet is that old... the deepest underground mine in north America (among the deepest in the world, it is the deepest below see level in the world) is located in Ontario Canada over 3km (1.9 miles) deep and no bottom at sight as per diamond drilling core. It was created by a series of black smoker ( hydrothermal vents) extending flat on the oceanic floor and is now standing near vertical on the older rocks on Earth (the Canadian shield) ... the tectonics plats shifted that ground 90 degrees. I went at the bottom of this mine it is very, very hot and humid down there.

Some Nasa Geologist actually came to visited the mine when I worked there because there was one rock type down there that was the same as a rock type from Mars.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #7,789  
BR 549 is thought to be a slip or boat ramp number on Bald Ridge Marina Road where Junior Samples liked to fish.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,790  
That right there is not a viable reason for these unskilled jobs. Trust me. It's who you know, not what you know.
But hasn't it always been that way, or at least a combination of what & who?
I'd say 80% of the jobs I've had were at least partially because I knew someone on the inside.