Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,622  
Each finger thickness represents 15 minutes so if you are four fingers between the bottom of the setting sun and the horizon, you have roughly an hour of daylight left.
The "four fingers" time in winter would be very much longer than summer, for those of us outside the tropics, as the sun takes a longer arc thru the sky in summer. Small errors are okay, and I haven't done the math on this, but I'm guessing the summer/winter solstice difference might be 2x or more, for many of our members.

Fun math problem, for anyone who took spherical geometry, who has some free time.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,625  
ugghhh... people are gross.

Where's that old photo of Elizabeth Montgomery on the Buick, when you need it?
2024_02_21_18.17.51.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,626  
We call that a "Selma Alabama butt" down South. I looked it up and they say typically people from Southern Africa "butt" we know a Caucasian lady having one...she loses weight and has liposuction only to return fat accumulation there again.
I forgot Buick in Elizabeth's picture!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,627  
I stumbled across that channel a few years ago, and love it, but then again I'm an otter fan. Given the cost of seafood in Japan, and the limited space, I think that they are really dedicated to looking after their otters.

Otters have some of the fastest nerve speeds known in mammals.

They are an indicator species for ecological health, and their districts waxed and waned over time as the climate has shifted. Sea otters tend to be invertebrate feeders. Here in California, that is mainly sea urchins. The river otters feed more on a broader variety of invertebrates, and fish.

Otters occur pretty much everywhere that they haven't been extirpated, except Antarctica, Australia, and New Zealand.

View attachment 853423

All the best, Peter
Pacific Otters were re-introduced to the Oregon Coast in the early 90's. They did very well, for 10 years. Then the Great White Sharks figured it out, moved up the coast line, and ate all of them. They are still healthy populations in the Puget Sound. I guess the Great Whites don't go there?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,629  
Your AAA membership is useless when you lose your keys in the woods and your wallet with card is locked in the truck next to the spare key.
Furthermore, there is no sense in having burglar tools if you are going to leave them at the house which is 80 miles away. 🤔