Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,612  
Did you know that if you extend your arm and turn your fingers inward, you can judge remaining time left before the sun sets?

Each finger thickness represents 15 minutes so if you are four fingers between the bottom of the setting sun and the horizon, you have roughly an hour of daylight left.

It's supposed to be old Indian lore and I've used this estimate for many decades. People say what if they have fat figures? I say have a salad because it doesn't seem to matter.

We're not talking GMT nuclear clock here but it does help when you're haying or trying to get all your work done and need an estimate of time left before it gets dark.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,613  
Did you know that if you extend your arm and turn your fingers inward, you can judge remaining time left before the sun sets?

Each finger thickness represents 15 minutes so if you are four fingers between the bottom of the setting sun and the horizon, you have roughly an hour of daylight left.

It's supposed to be old Indian lore and I've used this estimate for many decades. People say what if they have fat figures? I say have a salad because it doesn't seem to matter.

We're not talking GMT nuclear clock here but it does help when you're haying or trying to get all your work done and need an estimate of time left before it gets dark.
I use the same method for the past 50 years. Learned it in Boy Scouts. I doubt it's old Indian lore, though. I'm guessing they'd just say "the sun is going down soon". 🙃

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,614  
What about Symbrachydactylys?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,617  
Nessie...or Grady Stiles?
2024_02_21_11.34.08.jpg