Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,221  
That's my argument about $80,000 pimpmobiles. I'm sure that many people buy them because they are the only thing available, not because they want to.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. If an $80k truck is all that's available I'll go with used or do without, as I would imagine most do. Buy an automatic because that's the only option...different story.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,222  
I asked a retired Ford Transmission engineer about manual trans availability about 10-12 yrs ago on another forum. He said there were 2 main factors driving it. 1. Demand falling off. There is a small segment of diehards, but the take ratio was dropping fast when they were available. 2. EPA. He said the EPA emissions cycle on manuals was like they were trying to get rid of them as it was much harder to pass the regs in a manual than an automatic.

From the automaker standpoint you have declining demand and harder emissions regs to pass. Not hard to see why they are disappearing. I would love to get one of the original Acura NSX's with a stick someday but probably not in the cards...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,223  
I asked a retired Ford Transmission engineer about manual trans availability about 10-12 yrs ago on another forum. He said there were 2 main factors driving it. 1. Demand falling off. There is a small segment of diehards, but the take ratio was dropping fast when they were available. 2. EPA. He said the EPA emissions cycle on manuals was like they were trying to get rid of them as it was much harder to pass the regs in a manual than an automatic.

From the automaker standpoint you have declining demand and harder emissions regs to pass. Not hard to see why they are disappearing. I would love to get one of the original Acura NSX's with a stick someday but probably not in the cards...
Exactly the same explanation I received from a friend who works for Audi in Germany, about why they sell the same car all over the world with manual transmission, but only with automatic in the USA. He said our testing standards have just made it so difficult and expensive to pass manual transmissions, that it's cheaper for them to just risk losing the few customers so die-hard for manual that they'll walk to another brand over that issue.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,226  
In New Jersey >

Instead of having the intended beneficial impact on the environment, the reusable bag ban has actually backfired, data reported in the study show. Plastic consumption in the state has nearly tripled, with New Jerseyans previously consuming 53 million pounds of plastic before the ban, compared to 151 million pounds following the ban, FCR researchers reported.

The article reports heavier reusable plastic bags being thrown out - not reused. Resulting in the additional plastic waste.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,227  
In New Jersey >

Instead of having the intended beneficial impact on the environment, the reusable bag ban has actually backfired, data reported in the study show. Plastic consumption in the state has nearly tripled, with New Jerseyans previously consuming 53 million pounds of plastic before the ban, compared to 151 million pounds following the ban, FCR researchers reported.

The article reports heavier reusable plastic bags being thrown out - not reused. Resulting in the additional plastic waste.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤡

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,229  
NJ banned single use plastic bags. The kind you get with every store purchase. They required a triple strength (3 Xs the thickness) reusable bag... which the consumer tossed out just like the lighter bags. Proof you can't just mandate change.
You have to have the people onboard.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,230  
NJ banned single use plastic bags. The kind you get with every store purchase. They required a triple strength (3 Xs the thickness) reusable bag... which the consumer tossed out just like the lighter bags. Proof you can't just mandate change.
You have to have the people onboard.
Clown world is is not? I remember the business mantra "Real changed comes from the bottom up" yet the same people made policy that discourages that change from the bottom.