Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,211  
Manual Transmission cars increasing?

This data is so flawed by the fact that customers are being forced into auto transmission by lack of availability of manual transmission, in the vehicle types they are seeking. My pickup truck and my sedan would both be manual, in fact it killed my spirit having to buy auto, but there were no manual transmission options available with the feature set and vehicle type I was seeking. I hear enough other drivers repeat the same sentiment, that I have to believe their 1.0% and 1.7% numbers for 2021 and 2023 could be doubled, if availability didn't curtail choice.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,212  
Snowplow vs Car?

Sadly typical of WRX drivers. Mostly obnoxious young guys, always wanting to race or unsafely pass every fast car they come across on the street.

On the flip side, if he'd been a tenth of a second slower, the car would have been cut in half thru him, rather than behind him.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,213  
I own 4 vehicles. 3 have manual transmissions. Manual transmissions are drivers cars... and they typically yield higher gas mileage than their automatic versions but for me it is more about driving emersion - Plus they have built in Millennial theft protection. lol

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,214  
I own 4 vehicles. 3 have manual transmissions. Manual transmissions are drivers cars... and they typically yield higher gas mileage than their automatic versions but for me it is more about driving emersion - Plus they have built in Millennial theft protection. lol
I usually keep 3 vehicles, and until 2016, every single one of them was manual. But good luck finding a V8 4wd 1/2 ton pickup with seating for four and a manual transmission, today. It doesn't exist, to my knowledge.

So, articles like that linked above could claim, "100% of 1/2 ton pickup truck drivers buy automatic transmission." Well, of course they do, it's the only option available.

Last I checked, the only manual trans 1/2 ton pickups available were 2wd V6 fleet trucks, with single bench seat and no towing capacity. My truck's primary use is towing light trailers (7k lb.) and bad weather (4wd), so that's a no-go option.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,215  
Sadly typical of WRX drivers. Mostly obnoxious young guys, always wanting to race or unsafely pass every fast car they come across on the street.
I was going to make a comment to that effect, but thought better of it. Suburu fanboys seem to get their back up anytime you say anything critical about them or their cars. Bet this dufus had fartcan mufflers on it though...
This data is so flawed by the fact that customers are being forced into auto transmission by lack of availability of manual transmission, in the vehicle types they are seeking. My pickup truck and my sedan would both be manual, in fact it killed my spirit having to buy auto, but there were no manual transmission options available with the feature set and vehicle type I was seeking. I hear enough other drivers repeat the same sentiment, that I have to believe their 1.0% and 1.7% numbers for 2021 and 2023 could be doubled, if availability didn't curtail choice.
Your comment about gas mileage was true once, but much less so today. Modern automatics are quite efficient, a far cry from the 2 speed slushboxes of days gone by. Agree on the "theft protection"...not just millennials (and younger), but a surprising number of boomers never learned to drive stick either. I always find it amusing watching the Amazing Race and seeing teams struggle with them in foreign countries where they're still common.

At this point in my life I really don't care, but I've also preferred manuals and miss the option of getting one. The few vehicles that offer them now are generally ones that don't interest me.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,216  
Almost all my vehicles are manual but the daily driver is auto… it’s also the newest at model year 2011

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,218  
I wonder what those numbers would be if automatic transitions were extra cost options like they used to be?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,219  
I wonder what those numbers would be if automatic transitions were extra cost options like they used to be?
On the 2014 TDI Jetta that we bought brand new the automatic (DSG transmission which is really a computer controlled manual) would have been a $1400 option. I told the salesman that if it would save me $1400 on fuel over the life of the car I would be interested. He said buy a standard.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,220  
, "100% of 1/2 ton pickup truck drivers buy automatic transmission." Well, of course they do, it's the only option available
That's my argument about $80,000 pimpmobiles. I'm sure that many people buy them because they are the only thing available, not because they want to.