Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,201  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #7,202  
Wow. What a bonehead move. He is very lucky to be alive

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,203  
There are times when video is your best friend said the plow driver...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,204  
A 1860 excerpt from a letter written from John Deere to his then 21 year old son Charles upon taking over operations of the John Deere company...

“Bear in mind that keeping expenditures within income means self-respect, independence and a competency, while the reverse, expenditure beyond income, leads to mortification and ultimate failure.”

Charles must have taken his father’s advice seriously because the Deere & Company Archives has a handwritten note signed by Charles Deere stating that, “I will never from this Seventh day of February Eighteen Hundred Sixty AD put my name to a paper that I do not expect to pay—so help me God

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,205  
A 1860 excerpt from a letter written from John Deere to his then 21 year old son Charles upon taking over operations of the John Deere company...

“Bear in mind that keeping expenditures within income means self-respect, independence and a competency, while the reverse, expenditure beyond income, leads to mortification and ultimate failure.”

Charles must have taken his father’s advice seriously because the Deere & Company Archives has a handwritten note signed by Charles Deere stating that, “I will never from this Seventh day of February Eighteen Hundred Sixty AD put my name to a paper that I do not expect to pay—so help me God

My parents put it to me a bit less wordy....

"Don't spend more than you make."

;)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,206  
My parents put it to me a bit less wordy....

"Don't spend more than you make."

;)
It would be interesting to see how well someone from say 150 years would understand today's English...

I dare say it would be easier for us to go back in time than for someone to go forward...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,207  
It would be interesting to see how well someone from say 150 years would understand today's English...

I dare say it would be easier for us to go back in time than for someone to go forward...
Fortunately for me, someone other than my parents taught me about compound interest in the early 80s. ;)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,208  
Fortunately for me, someone other than my parents taught me about compound interest in the early 80s. ;)
I learned about simple interest very young because of my savings passbook.

In my teens the rule of 72 to find how long to double my money for a given interest rate and the rule of 78 front loading interest so paying off early may not have as great a savings as one would think... all magic to me...

But it wasn't until I bought my Apple II with visacalc and amortization schedules that I could play with the numbers and have it sink in...

Things like an extra 100 a month will cut how many years of my mortgage term...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,209  
The F15 and F16 jets have been flying longer than the time between the Wright brothers first flight and the first jet airliner.

Or:

The time from the Wright's first flight to the F15-16 is shorter than F15-16 first flights to now.

Bruce