Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,811  
I long ago read they were built by farmers who were displaced by the annual floods of the Nile, giving them jobs with income when they couldn't farm.

???

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,814  
EF122F1B-4242-4FD3-8E50-4DDEBAD35CC1.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,815  
All I got out of that video was that his opinion based upon the facts as he sees them, and possibly his sociological bent, lead him to concluded that these particular tombs were not of slaves.

That is a long leap to conclude that no slaves were used to build the pyramids. Throughout human history slavery was not only commonplace, but was dominant in societies.
Opinion it is. All we need now is a DeLorian...😁

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,817  
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,818  
The Pyramids in Egypt were NOT built with slave labor.

I should learn to talk like that guy. When I get pulled over while driving I could flutter tongue "wwwweeeeellllllllll IIIIIIIIIII dddiii(ggggg)ddddnnnn'ttttt kkkk(gggg)nnnooowwww I(ggggg)IIIII wwwwaaaasssssss gggggggooooo(ggggg)iiiiikkkkkk tttthhhhaaaatttt ffffaaaaa(ggggg)sssssstttttt....."
I'm sure the officer would let me go.
Maybe another "expert" would say they WERE slaves since they were buried with jars of Bud Lite & Wonder bread.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,819  
I have never been comfortable with table saws. Ever.
I agree. I'm afraid of mine so maybe that is a good thing.

About six weeks ago, a very close friend cut the end of his finger off using a radial arm saw. He is a very accomplished woodworker and I have not turned my table saw on since then. If he could do it, I can.

Another friend showed me his track saw. He said he switched to it because it can do most of what a table saw does and the blade is almost never exposed.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,820  
I agree. I'm afraid of mine so maybe that is a good thing.

About six weeks ago, a very close friend cut the end of his finger off using a radial arm saw. He is a very accomplished woodworker and I have not turned my table saw on since then. If he could do it, I can.

Another friend showed me his track saw. He said he switched to it because it can do most of what a table saw does and the blade is almost never exposed.
I have put more miles on radial arm saws than most, in fact one has been the centerpiece of my woodworking shop for all of my 50 years, as dad also had two when I was growing up. I currently run a 1940's DeWalt GE in my own shop, which can take blades up to 22".

Cutting a finger off with a radial saw is actually much less common than a table saw, as the blade is fully exposed and visible. It's that invisible blade penetrating the sheet goods from below, that usually cause operators to run a thumb across the blade of a table saw.

That said, there have been some pretty horrific kickback injuries from improperly adjusted or configured radial arm saws. There was one very highly-circulated case of a guy killing a child, when wood thrown from the radial arm saw in ripping configuration hit the kid in the head. Most of this comes from a lack of understanding of how to properly set these machines up for ripping, or from poorly aligning the blade square to the fence.

Most of the radial arm saws made after the 1940's were cheap flimsy crap, that would not stay in alignment. This made them unsafe, and gave the entire tool class somewhat of a bad reputation. Yes, I'm talking to you, Craftsman. 😛

Last edited: