Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,801  
I always use push sticks and such on the TS. And I often use a splitter. I bought one of the Biesemeyer snap-in splitters so I can pop it in and out as needed easily. I think I got that right around the time Delta bought them, years before Delta fully imploded. I also have an overarm guard that I use when possible, partly for safety and partly for dust collection.

So I am always cautious around the TS but frankly the lathe scares me more. I have one that I picked up years ago on a trade of sorts figuring one of these days I would do some of that work, but I have yet to actually use it. Haven't really needed to either, so that is part of it...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,804  
I think it's personal thing. I know a builder that is down to 2 fingers on one hand. Cut them off ONE part at time in 4 separate events (once removing the remaining 2 knuckles of a finger) on the same table saw.....
If someone says "hold this" and starts a circular saw. Don't.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,806  
If someone says "hold this" and starts a circular saw. Don't.
Cutting firewood with my family years ago. My mother or brother would pick up a 2-3 foot log piece of wood and expect me to cut it, because my father would.
I made them set it on the ground. I'd rather risk a chain touching the ground than their fingers.

Another move I would never do... former coworkers were helping the owner/foreman sight in his rifle at the end of the day. They would check the target, then go hide behind a tree... picture a long triangle with him on the apex, they are at one of the far corners and the target is the other.
No, thank you; I want to be in back of the barrel.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,807  
Cutting firewood with my family years ago. My mother or brother would pick up a 2-3 foot log piece of wood and expect me to cut it, because my father would.
I made them set it on the ground. I'd rather risk a chain touching the ground than their fingers.

Another move I would never do... former coworkers were helping the owner/foreman sight in his rifle at the end of the day. They would check the target, then go hide behind a tree... picture a long triangle with him on the apex, they are at one of the far corners and the target is the other.
No, thank you; I want to be in back of the barrel.
"Former coworkers"????? Are they still around after those site ins? Jon

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,810  
All I got out of that video was that his opinion based upon the facts as he sees them, and possibly his sociological bent, lead him to concluded that these particular tombs were not of slaves.

That is a long leap to conclude that no slaves were used to build the pyramids. Throughout human history slavery was not only commonplace, but was dominant in societies.