Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,741  
A SR 500 Yamaha is like that. Less someone picks the whole bike up in to a flatbed, I have no fear of it being stolen, even with the keys left in. :)
Yup, unless someone knows what that little lever next to the clutch is for

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,744  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #6,745  
The Marlboro Man

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,746  
Folks who know a lot more about archeology than me have spent the last 100+ years debating just that, I'm just a reader. But they have some pretty good evidence, science, and interpretation in front of those conclusions.
We visited the Mesa Verde dwellings many years ago; it seems the whole village was designed for safety...on a cliff, that could not be entered without ladders, and entrances that required you to crawl on your hands and knees to enter...where someone could be waiting with a club and you were vulnerable and defenseless.

I also recall seeing an Indian skull that was uncovered during a construction project near Grants...it had a large hole in the top of it, as if it had been struck by a hard object.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,747  
In the United States, only about 1 in 10 survived the 20th century
We have one near here that seems to get hit every couple years by some idiot in a box truck who doesn't apparently know how high his truck is. Just happened again last month, probably the 4th or 5th time it's happened in the 18 years we've been here.

I had a 400cc Suzuki 1 cylinder for my first bike. Kick start only.

The only way it could be spun over is using the compression release lever.

If you neglected to hit the compression release, you would get tossed over the handle bars
What made that bike so difficult to kick start? I had a 360 Honda back in the 70s that had no such issues. Good thing, since the electric start almost never worked. Worst bike I ever had.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,748  
We have one near here that seems to get hit every couple years by some idiot in a box truck who doesn't apparently know how high his truck is. Just happened again last month, probably the 4th or 5th time it's happened in the 18 years we've been here.

What made that bike so difficult to kick start? I had a 360 Honda back in the 70s that had no such issues. Good thing, since the electric start almost never worked. Worst bike I ever had.
I was given a free Maco 360 dirt bike in the 80s. It had a decompression valve operated by hand to enable kick starting. It was my first dirt bike... and unstoppable hell on wheels once it got going.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,749  

It only had 1 cylinder. 400cc.. so one great big piston.

You rotated it to the compression stroke. Then pressed the compression release lever. Then gave it he$$.

If you neglected to hit the compression release lever, it would kick back and launch the person over the handle bars

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,750  
It only had 1 cylinder. 400cc.. so one great big piston.

You rotated it to the compression stroke. Then pressed the compression release lever. Then gave it he$$.

If you neglected to hit the compression release lever, it would kick back and launch the person over the handle bars
That's the same size as my snowsled engine... 400 single cylinder liquid cooled. Chances are that mine has a lot less compression though.