Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,631  
But if you go out to Four Corners New Mexico you can be in 4 states at the same time.
View attachment 838115
I have stood in 3 states at once, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia.

E72E02C9-9BA3-4073-A5EE-F0849E2F9B69_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,633  
Its called Shell petroleum because the company started out selling jewelery cases made out of shells.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,635  
First time I heard gender reveal I immediately though rut row - another flasher
I thought the same; turned out my neighbor's niece was expecting. He use a lb of Tannerite and two lbs of pink powder.

The next time he loaded his cannon with a couple lbs of pink powder.

Nice to live in the country.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,636  
the oldest three in the world, although I believe the last part is false

View attachment 838467

A quick search finds the oldest pyramid in Giza was built about 2700 BC. They know the dates of those pretty well since there was a lot of writing left. There are older Egyptian pyramids but they're not in Giza.

I don't know how accurate the dating is of the Methuselah tree. With normal trees a forester can use an increment borer to take a core sample from which to count the rings. It takes some skill to be able to hit the center of the tree on a well formed tree. On one that's gnarled and has missing parts like many of the old bristlecones, it might be pretty tough.

The definitive way on a hard to count tree is to cut the tree down and count the rings. Obviously you don't want to do that to what's possibly the oldest tree. Unfortunately someone did in the '60s- a researcher cut down a bristlecone that turned out to probably have been the oldest one (that we know about). It was an honest mistake but it kind of tanked his career and greatly affected his life. There's an article about him out there somewhere.

I've hiked the trail that the Methuselah tree is on. They don't have a sign on it for obvious reasons. The whole area is worth traveling to and the hike was pretty good too. The forest service station that was there had a bunch of cool displays and sections of trees to view but it burned down a while back.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,638  
A quick search finds the oldest pyramid in Giza was built about 2700 BC. They know the dates of those pretty well since there was a lot of writing left. There are older Egyptian pyramids but they're not in Giza.

I don't know how accurate the dating is of the Methuselah tree. With normal trees a forester can use an increment borer to take a core sample from which to count the rings. It takes some skill to be able to hit the center of the tree on a well formed tree. On one that's gnarled and has missing parts like many of the old bristlecones, it might be pretty tough.

The definitive way on a hard to count tree is to cut the tree down and count the rings. Obviously you don't want to do that to what's possibly the oldest tree. Unfortunately someone did in the '60s- a researcher cut down a bristlecone that turned out to probably have been the oldest one (that we know about). It was an honest mistake but it kind of tanked his career and greatly affected his life. There's an article about him out there somewhere.

I've hiked the trail that the Methuselah tree is on. They don't have a sign on it for obvious reasons. The whole area is worth traveling to and the hike was pretty good too. The forest service station that was there had a bunch of cool displays and sections of trees to view but it burned down a while back.
yeah and they are also a tomb when no pharaoh was found there and there is no hieroglyphs inside while all the other tombs are in the valley of the kings to me it doesn’t make sense … and frankly i don’t know and nether you are them … to me they think it was that old because some pharaoh mentioned them.