Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,611  
I have fond memories of the Studebaker plant in South Bend. It was huge! I especially remember the overhead conveyors that carried bodies over the streets from the body shop to the assembly plant. So just driving around with my mom, there were often dozens of car bodies passing over us. It was dark and dingy down between the buildings, the sun rarely got down there. There were people walking around everywhere. Pretty amazing.

My mother in-law's father worked there. As a little girl, they lived a block down from the plant. She'd often walk down to the plant by herself when she was just 3-4 years old to meet her dad as he came out of the south gate.

She also has fond memories of The Weasel driving past her house several times a day, going between the downtown Lafayette St. plant and the Chippewa plant on the south side of town.

View attachment 838100

That brings back memories. First overseas tour in AF: St. Lawrence Isle Alaske in the Bering straight. That weasel was our crew bus from barracs to op center and transport the short distance barracks to runway.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,612  
That brings back memories. First overseas tour in AF: St. Lawrence Isle Alaske in the Bering straight. That weasel was our crew bus from barracs to op center and transport the short distance barracks to runway.
:LOL: When you said that weasel I thought you meant the driver :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,613  
I have fond memories of the Studebaker plant in South Bend. It was huge! I especially remember the overhead conveyors that carried bodies over the streets from the body shop to the assembly plant. So just driving around with my mom, there were often dozens of car bodies passing over us. It was dark and dingy down between the buildings, the sun rarely got down there. There were people walking around everywhere. Pretty amazing.

My mother in-law's father worked there. As a little girl, they lived a block down from the plant. She'd often walk down to the plant by herself when she was just 3-4 years old to meet her dad as he came out of the south gate.

She also has fond memories of The Weasel driving past her house several times a day, going between the downtown Lafayette St. plant and the Chippewa plant on the south side of town.

View attachment 838100
I require one of these immediately
I'll find a good use for it I swear!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,615  
My granddad on my father's side worked at Studebaker in the late 40s as a door fitter.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,616  
One more Studebaker tidbit...

The Budweiser Clydesdales pull a 1903 Studebaker wagon. ;)
Uh Oh. Moss is skipping like a record on Studebakers. Someone go nudge him to shake that loose! :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,619  
Uh Oh. Moss is skipping like a record on Studebakers. Someone go nudge him to shake that loose! :ROFLMAO:
President Lincoln rode in a Studebaker Barouche to Ford's Theatre on the night of his assassination. ;)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,620  
If you rearrange "Studebaker" you get "rusted beak" .