Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,531  
Many people believe that except by definition the very first muscle car was the 1957 Rambler Rebel. I collect Ramblers but never liked this one, it's too stodgy and poor styling to me, but the first smaller car with bigger V8 (327 mid-block).
My father owned the 1964 Rambler Tarpon prototype, also 327 4bbl Hurst 4 speed w/overdrive on the American platform. Basically a 2 seater with small back seat.
He bought it before the 1964.5 Mustang was introduced.
Any information I've found online about the Tarpon is incorrect.
2023_12_06_13.48.09.jpg
2023_12_06_13.58.02.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,535  

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,536  

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,537  
Many people believe that except by definition the very first muscle car was the 1957 Rambler Rebel. I collect Ramblers but never liked this one, it's too stodgy and poor styling to me, but the first smaller car with bigger V8 (327 mid-block).
My father owned the 1964 Rambler Tarpon prototype, also 327 4bbl Hurst 4 speed w/overdrive on the American platform. Basically a 2 seater with small back seat.
He bought it before the 1964.5 Mustang was introduced.
Any information I've found online about the Tarpon is incorrect. View attachment 835797View attachment 835799
Hard to think of a Rambler as a muscle car, it's image is more "grandma". That having been said, in the early 70s a friend of mine's parents had a Rebel Machine. In the words of his father, it'll pass anything but a gas station. :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,538  
In the words of his father, it'll pass anything but a gas station. :ROFLMAO:
Damn, that's what my friends used to say about one of my old cars. And here, I thought they were creative enough to have come up with that on their own! Didn't know it was an old saying.