Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,273  
Tractor Collection in Isreal

Nice collection!

The second to last image shows a 1947 Fordson Major. E27n,
But it is not a diesel. It may be TVO, or straight gas, The Diesel version used the Perkins engine.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,274  
AE6FF0EB-AF05-4CDC-90D5-0A38F75C3ABC.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,275  
L'Anse aux Meadows (lit. Meadows Cove) is an archaeological site, first excavated in the 1960s, of a Norse settlement dating to approximately 1,000 years ago. The site is located on the northernmost tip of the island of Newfoundland in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador near St. Anthony.

With carbon dating estimates between 990–1050 CE, tree-ring analysis dating to the year 1021 and a mean carbon date of 1014 overall, L'Anse aux Meadows is the only undisputed site of pre-Columbian trans-oceanic contact of Europeans with the Americas outside of Greenland. It is notable as evidence of the Norse presence in North America and for its possible connection with Leif Erikson as mentioned in the Saga of the Greenlanders and the Saga of Erik the Red, which were written down in the 13th century. Archaeological evidence found at the site indicates that L’Anse aux Meadows may have served as a base camp for Norse exploration of North America, including regions to the south.

Spanning 7,991 hectares (30.85 sq mi) of land and sea, the site contains the remains of eight buildings constructed with sod over a wood frame. In excess of 800 Norse objects have been unearthed at the site. Evidence of iron production and bronze, bone and stone artifacts have been identified.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,276  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #6,277  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #6,279  

Bruce
Isn't just so cocky the way Biblical mythology is dismissed by "science". After all, anyone can call in a meteor to wipe out the population when the people are wicked. ;-)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,280  
Growing up I was surprised to learn there was a country with the same name as Daniel Boone’s son Isreal.View attachment 831538
True story...I met Fess Parker on a TV show in Oklahoma City, about 1955. We (my guitar playing buddy and me) were guests, along with Fess Parker, on a local show called "The Prissy Thomas Show". My buddy and I won an amateur contest and this was our prize. We played a song or two, and he came on and was interviewed.

Prissy asked him to sing "Davy Crockett". He said that he didn't bring his guitar; so my buddy offered his...and he sang it! I also noticed something you never saw on TV; and that was a scar on the left side of his face running from just below his ear, along the jaw line, down to his chin. I did some research and found out he was in an auto accident, and the other fellow was so irate, he tried to cut his throat.