Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,132  
Going to cashless is in part to stem the underground economy…

How would a person without a green card be paid if cash was not an option?
Same way poor people all over do. Receive a check and cash it at a store or the issuing bank. Around here there I'd put the rate is nearer to 10%. Only one bank within 30 mile and that one made a lot of people mad before being sold to another bank.
An estimated 4.5 percent of U.S. households (approximately 5.9 million) were “unbanked” in 2021, meaning that no one in the household had a checking or savings account at a bank or credit union. The unbanked rate in 2021—4.5 percent—was the lowest since the survey began in 2009

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,134  
Same way poor people all over do. Receive a check and cash it at a store or the issuing bank. Around here there I'd put the rate is nearer to 10%. Only one bank within 30 mile and that one made a lot of people mad before being sold to another bank.
An estimated 4.5 percent of U.S. households (approximately 5.9 million) were “unbanked” in 2021, meaning that no one in the household had a checking or savings account at a bank or credit union. The unbanked rate in 2021—4.5 percent—was the lowest since the survey began in 2009
I think the point is that we're gradually becoming a cash-less society, and it's not by accident - it's social engineering.
In this particular discussion though, if all wages get paid via cashless, you can't really use the money if you don't have credentials to be cashless here.
Enforcing that payment method though comes back to making the repercussions against the lawbreaking employers hurt more than they benefit from using illegals.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,136  
I think the point is that we're gradually becoming a cash-less society, and it's not by accident - it's social engineering.
In this particular discussion though, if all wages get paid via cashless, you can't really use the money if you don't have credentials to be cashless here.
Enforcing that payment method though comes back to making the repercussions against the lawbreaking employers hurt more than they benefit from using illegals.
More laws,
more regulations,
more bureaucratic a__ holes,
more government interferance,
just what we need.

Also many of the illegals have documentation, either green cards or drivers licensees and SS cards,
they may be counterfeit but how is an employer to know.
There is very little "cash" out of pocket undocumented wages being paid it is with a check to documented employees so that the wages are a deduction from the businesses gross.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,137  
Here they get a debit card and add to it…

Cash is really going away and many businesses including hospital are cashless.

My buddy the drives an armored truck says the stops keep shrinking.

We had daily bank currier but no more…

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,138  
"There were three Stonehenge interventions, in 1901, 1919 and 1958 when the site was virtually cleared of all stones, and then excavated. When the stones were brought back they were fitted into re-made holes back-filled with ready mixed concrete. The current site is merely a modern representation of something that used to be there. The original placement of the stones and what they were aligned with has been lost forever."
This type of post is why I keep coming back to this thread. 👍

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,140  
I had thought most of New England was completely deforested before that time, due to the massive demand for wood, for industry, cooking, and heating. The average household used something like 30 - 40 cords per year in that period, and if you look at any landscape artwork of that time, you'd be amazed at how few trees you can find.
Wow, I bucked and split 12 cord of delivered logs into firewood this year with a chain saw and log splitter. It was one heck of a lot of work! I can't imagine doing doing 30-40 cord every year from standing trees with just an axe (and perhaps if I were affluent) a cross cut saw. How did people have time to do anything other than cut firewood?