Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,051  
1698760404794.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,053  
Thanks for mentioning that. I believe that's what my Cavalier did. It made me think the headliner might be about come loose.
Yes. When did "buffeting" become such an issue? It's even mentioned in my '19 Jeep Owners Manual. I hate having to play with the window openings, to lessen the effect. As usual, I'm sure I'm in the minority of owners that prefer an open window and fresh air, to A/C (unless it's 95 degrees and/or raining). As I drive around on a nice day, windows down, I see most everyone else has their windows up and A/C on. (n)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,054  
Regarding GE, memory tells me that, a few years ago they were bigger in the insurance business than all of their other businesses combined. This was a few years ago and I though I read they took some big hits on insurance and were looking to unload.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,055  
Regarding GE, memory tells me that, a few years ago they were bigger in the insurance business than all of their other businesses combined. This was a few years ago and I though I read they took some big hits on insurance and were looking to unload.
Also in leasing & financing. My company leased some capital equipment through GE Capital. Million dollar food processing machines.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,057  
hell of a lot more differencs then just new and old growth.
hardwood and softwood, soil, and the areas climate
True, and I suspect many of those came into play to demonstrate such an austere difference, in that photo. But I live in and work on old houses in southeastern PA (present one is 1734, oldest prior was 1692, many in-between), and have noticed a typical 4:1 up to 8:1 ratio of growth ring counts between locally-sourced softwoods of same species. Trees growing in the shade of an existing forest put on much less summer growth each season, represented by the light areas between the dark stripes that are winter growth.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,058  
The bypass thrust ratio on jet aircraft engines has gone from a ratio of 5 to 1 in the 1980's to more than 10 to 1 at present. Giving airlines an approximate 30 % saving in fuel usage.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,059  
Here's a useless factoid.

The atomic bomb type used on Hiroshima was never tested before it's use. It was a "gun" design, shooting one piece of sub-critical material into another.

The first nuclear bomb ever detonated was "Trinity" in the New Mexico desert and was an "implosion" design, used on Nagasaki.

The results of the Trinity test using the implosion bomb, made the developers confident the gun design used for Hiroshima was going to work.
The "gun" type is basically primitive and very inefficient but it's reliable because it's pretty easy to smash two chunks of metal together and all they had to do was make sure each chunk was slightly smaller than critical mass.
The implosion type requires very carefully organized and timed explosives; the slightest bit off and you don't get a complete mash-up and end up with a "fizzle". Done right, though, you can use just enough fissile material, and you can make more bombs with the same stuff.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,060  
Yes. When did "buffeting" become such an issue? It's even mentioned in my '19 Jeep Owners Manual. I hate having to play with the window openings, to lessen the effect. As usual, I'm sure I'm in the minority of owners that prefer an open window and fresh air, to A/C (unless it's 95 degrees and/or raining). As I drive around on a nice day, windows down, I see most everyone else has their windows up and A/C on. (n)
The "buffeting" became less of an issue when I sent the pile of crap to the junk yard. I still miss the vent windows that were done away with long before the Cavilier came along.