Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,992  
A NH Boomer 50 bucket will hold trimmings from 70 hams.
20231021_072502.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,993  
This is very true. Just try to remember the last commercial or ad you’ve seen for something GE makes. I can’t remember anything.

Way back in the day, GE was one of the largest advertisers in the world.
yeah poor companies they outsourced to countries with zero IP protection and made absolute bank until those countries started surprise surprise copying and selling the stuff themselves

who could've guessed?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,997  
V12 diesel Beaver engine conversion from radial.engine

Bruce
"A compression ignition engine..." aka a diesel, running on JetA?

Cool plane. I flew on a, and have a soft spot for, the de Haviland twin otter for many years, another STOL wonder.

All the best,

Peter

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,998  
Infantry Squad Vehicle (ISV) assault buggy

Based on the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 midsize truck, the 5,000-pound truck can haul up to nine soldiers and a total payload of 3,200 pounds, according to the service. The vehicle can be externally sling-loaded by UH-60 Black Hawk and CH-47 Chinook helicopters and air-dropped from a fixed-wing C-130 Hercules or C-17 Globemaster III transport aircraft.

Bruce

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,999  
This is very true. Just try to remember the last commercial or ad you’ve seen for something GE makes. I can’t remember anything.

Way back in the day, GE was one of the largest advertisers in the world.
GE sold the appliance business to Haier back in 2016. I believe it was the first and maybe only time they also sold the GE name. GE hasn't made appliances or light bulbs in years.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,000  
GE sold the appliance business to Haier back in 2016. I believe it was the first and maybe only time they also sold the GE name. GE hasn't made appliances or light bulbs in years.

Thanks. Good to know. You would think, perhaps, whoever makes the appliances would try some advertising.