Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,341  
Lee Van Cleef

lee van cleef.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,342  
Stone corner markers should have an x on top to indicate the corner.
Around here, many had the letter of the family owning the property they were marking, at the time of installation. The actual "point" was often added after installation, in the form of an iron cut nail.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,343  
I've got a '79 Mazda RX-7 in the garage. Not so many miles as you put on that V Dub, It's a summer car.

Fast and fun, but not so much the other two. Though I have slept in the seats a time or two. ;-)
I had an '85, that was a really fun car. No A/C kinda fried me a few times in the CA central valley. Got an '88.5 Turbo II after that, I miss that one.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,344  
The first commercially produced turbocharged car was a...GM, 1962 F-85 Cutlass with a "Jet-Fire" engine (turbocharged). It needed a methanol water mix injected to control knock on the fuels available at the time.

IMG_1091.jpeg

The second was for an IH Scout. My personal favorites were the BMW2002 Turbo and the Saab 99 Turbo, both of which were zippy fun to drive cars.
cq5dam.resized.img.1185.large.time1626783875923.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,345  

Pennsylvania woman dies in 'freak accident' involving tractor at county fair​

An "equipment malfunction" on a tractor caused an exhaust wheel to dislodge and eject from the vehicle, striking Brandy Horner as she sat in the stands, sounds like it is time for protective barriers like NASCAR has

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,346  
"exhaust wheel"?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,348  
Speaking of dialects...I went into Walmart to buy some Rid for our septic tank. I couldn't find it, so I asked the clerk: "Where can I find the Rid"? She says, "Is the name of it "Rid", or is it the color "Rid"?

I said "R-i-d...Rid. Where are you from, Alabama? She bowed here head and sheepishly said "Yes". We both had a good laugh.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,349  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,350  

Pennsylvania woman dies in 'freak accident' involving tractor at county fair​

An "equipment malfunction" on a tractor caused an exhaust wheel to dislodge and eject from the vehicle, striking Brandy Horner as she sat in the stands, sounds like it is time for protective barriers like NASCAR has
When you watch a show or are involved with hotrodded engines you have to assume some liability for mishaps. Sounds to me like another journalist with no first hand knowledge of the subject.
All of the "enhanced" or "hot stock" classes that I'm aware of require two bolts to be placed in the exhaust pipe at 90 degrees to each other to reduce the possibility of shrapnel flying out.
Seeing how most tractor pulling is on small low budget tracks we don't need more misinformed rules and regulations.
Hello Nanny :mad: :mad: :mad: o_O