Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,301  
Wouldn't they use the center of the stone instead of a corner or a side? If they used a corner or a side wouldn't they specify the directional side or corner? Seems to me the center would be the best designated point.
lol... center of mass? center of maxima? center of minima? ... and what's a "side"?

200 years ago, two farmers agreed that stone made the corner of their two 100+ acre properties, and they weren't even thinking about the possibility that someday someone might care about what part of said stone they had figured.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,302  
lol... center of mass? center of maxima? center of minima? ... and what's a "side"?

200 years ago, two farmers agreed that stone made the corner of their two 100+ acre properties, and they weren't even thinking about the possibility that someday someone might care about what part of said stone they had figured.
Kinda like what is the center of that 300 year old tree?

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#5,303  
Most of the time yes, you use the center of a stone. Generally they are much smaller than the picture I show, about half the size of a bowling ball.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,305  
Bad Motor Scooter was the first song that Sammy Hagar says he wrote.

I'm going to blaspheme here, but I always preferred Van Hagar over Van Roth. Being of the right age, I absolutely love old Van Halen. But that being said, David Lee Roth is an ass, in absolutely every sense of the word.

I was never a fan of any of Sammy Hagar's solo music, too simple and predictable, but he was an excellent singer and front man for VH. Mediocre composer, but a great singer, for that genre.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,306  
My first job after 21 years in AF was as a rod man for a USGS crew running "level lines" in E Wash state. Interesting work We worked from a known marker and wxtended lines of level markers every so far apart. I never though to ask how far apart they were supposed to be. I walked a couple hundred miles that summer over some roads I haven't been able to find since. T set a new marker the had a gas powered powner to drive the rod down until it hit bedrock then the marker was clampled on that.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,307  
Wouldn't they use the center of the stone instead of a corner or a side? If they used a corner or a side wouldn't they specify the directional side or corner? Seems to me the center would be the best designated point.

Recently a cruiser marked the line between my woods and a 320 ac timber stand near me. I got him on camera holding a handheld device, but still he marked the same trees over the old paint placed by previous cruisers. I’ve lived here long enough and seen enough cruisers to know they just repaint old markings.

The straight quarter-mile boundary through the woods is really shaped like a bow instead of a straight line which I verified by flying my drone. At some places it is 10 feet from where it should be.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,308  
I'm going to blaspheme here, but I always preferred Van Hagar over Van Roth. Being of the right age, I absolutely love old Van Halen. But that being said, David Lee Roth is an ass, in absolutely every sense of the word.

I was never a fan of any of Sammy Hagar's solo music, too simple and predictable, but he was an excellent singer and front man for VH. Mediocre composer, but a great singer, for that genre.
Sure! Personally, I like Van Halen more than Van Hagar, but both are OK.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,310  
Van Johnson

IMG_2538.jpeg