Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,231  
SR-71 at the March Air Force Museum too. Impressive to see. But when they let those WW2 fighters rip around the viewing area it is a once in a lifetime experience. I position myself near the tower on one end of the area. The planes use it as a pylon and come around it fast with a wing tipped down low and pour on the 2k horsepower of the Pratt & Whitney 28 cylinder radial motor. That is just sublime noise to a motorhead.

I have not been to the airshow in 3 yrs but I'm ready to go once more this next spring. We built and few of these in giant scale RC gas models about 1/5 scale

Attachments

• FW109 & Tag.jpg
    FW109 & Tag.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 370f2478-949d-42e6-8c54-e1b950cb596f.jpg
    370f2478-949d-42e6-8c54-e1b950cb596f.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,232  
Don’t. Just buy hard service incandescent bulbs, or appliance bulbs, both of which are still available. You shouldn’t be using a “regular” A19 incandescent in a work lamp fixture anyway, they burn out the first time you shake or stop the thing.

Unless I heard wrong, it’s only the regular A19 and some reflector types that are going away, you can still get all special types in incandescent. I hate CFL's, and am not a fan of LED's, so I've just switched over to putting bent tip chandelier and other specialty-type incandescent bulbs into fixtures where I used to use regular A19 or A17 bulbs. They fit and work just fine, and allow me to not hate my lighting.
Thanks for that info!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,233  
Dogs don't really know what day it is, or what month it is, or what year it is.
But they know time from conditioned response training. Mine knows the time we eat, snack time and nap time. She knows when someone is due home and what verbal or physical signals imply. She knows if company is coming by our actions

Mine knows work boots mean onside time. Opening the truck door and fussing with the truck is probable ride time. If chasing pheasants is on the agenda for the next day, she knows.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,234  
At the AF museum Wirght Pat is the last of the two Valkyries.

The other one crashed during testing, was meant to be a high speed bomber.
The jet exhausts are easily big enough to stand in.
Flight to 70,000 feet and Mach 3+ with it's 6 engines.
Was slated to replace the B52, but cost and faster intercept missiles made it obsolete before it got to mass manufacture.

Imagine an SR71, but bomber size!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,237  
I like going to 100 birthday parties!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,238  
....But when they let those WW2 fighters rip around the viewing area it is a once in a lifetime experience. I position myself near the tower on one end of the area. The planes use it as a pylon and come around it fast with a wing tipped down low and pour on the 2k horsepower of the Pratt & Whitney 28 cylinder radial motor. That is just sublime noise to a motorhead.

I have not been to the airshow in 3 yrs but I'm ready to go once more this next spring. We built and few of these in giant scale RC gas models about 1/5 scale

I always run outside when I hear a radial. Like the bell to the dog. LOL.

Those are some nice looking models. You do all the work on them? Nice.