Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,171  
This was something I didn't know.

Comedian Tim Allen was arrested in his twenties for attempting to sell about 1.5 pounds of cocaine to an under cover agent. He was facing life in prison, but he made a deal by providing evidence against a bunch of other drug dealers.

Tim actually went over it pretty thoroughly in his first book. Said the hardest part for him was telling his mom. He repented and never touched the stuff again.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,172  
IMG_8196.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,174  
I read this a few years ago. Merle Haggard was another who spent time in prison before turning his life around. I believe that a visit by Johnny Cash helped him reassess his priorities.
Our famous outlaw Waylon Jennings said he was arrested for something that was gone.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,175  
If she tpuched someone after she touched the fence would she shock them? I was aware of a guy who could do that. It seemed like he could store that electricity for a shprt time amd was known to do it to people as a joke.
I never tried that so I dunno.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,177  
Maybe something people don't know...we are losing our rights! (100% apolitical), but from eliminating ice vehicles, appliances and today I tried to order incandescent light bulbs. I was told illegal to sell or manufacture standard 40w, 60w, etc. everyday use incandescent light bulbs. Slowly but surely losing our choices.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,178  
Maybe something people don't know...we are losing our rights! (100% apolitical), but from eliminating ice vehicles, appliances and today I tried to order incandescent light bulbs. I was told illegal to sell or manufacture standard 40w, 60w, etc. everyday use incandescent light bulbs. Slowly but surely losing our choices.
I used to feel that way about the incandescent light bulb situation when it was first proposed. Mostly because the LED bulbs offered as an alternative at the time were blazing white light. Just awful for home, restaurant, churches, etc... Maybe good for a laboratory, assembly area or warehouse.

As years went by, better options came out. In all honesty, about 5% of my job is changing light bulbs. Almost daily. I did about 40 today. And 99.9 percent of them are fluorescent. All incandescents were converted to LED a couple years ago. As things change to LED, that part of my job is going away.

Today, there are so many options with so many different colors and lumens with way way way lower energy consumption.

I find 2700K bulbs to be about perfect in our home. Give em a try.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,179  
I really don't understand why incandescent bulbs were banned. Led's are so much more efficient that it just makes sense to use them. I believe it's about 60% of an incandescents output is heat. They are more efficient as a heat source than as light.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,180  
I really don't understand why incandescent bulbs were banned. Led's are so much more efficient that it just makes sense to use them. I believe it's about 60% of an incandescents output is heat. They are more efficient as a heat source than as light.
There has been a gradual increase in lumens/watt requirements for lightning energy efficiency trying to make the country more energy efficient and self sufficient. The incandescent bulbs couldn't make the most recent cutoff.

Incandescent bulbs are still available for obscure sizes, and for things like oven bulbs where CFL and LEDs don't retrofit safely/easily.

With the range of color spectrum choices available today, it is hard for me to understand why you would want incandescent bulbs unless you are using them as heat sources. Why burn money?

For our nearby city, the savings in labor costs to change the bulbs, and the savings in power amounts to $80,000/street light over the 10 year life of the units.

All the best,

Peter