Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,991  
I can remember watching it on TV. Other than that it did not make same impression as when I was told about JFK.

Hurricane Carla, which hit Houston pretty hard, had a longer term effect on me.
I recall JFK. I was in college, and painted houses part time. I had just come to work, was sitting with the crew eating lunch, when the finish carpenter came in. He said "Well boys, they just killed the president".

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,992  
I recall JFK. I was in college, and painted houses part time. I had just come to work, was sitting with the crew eating lunch, when the finish carpenter came in. He said "Well boys, they just killed the president".
"they" ? 😉

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,998  
At that time, there was no info available...and the carpenter (my ex BIL) probably relayed what he knew in the vernacular he was familiar with.
I don't believe that it could happen now... it's been 42 years since anybody has gotten close enough to try.
The opening to an old novel "the Day of the Jackal" referenced how much easier it was to assassinate a US President than his French counterpart.

Edit; There have been many attempts thwarted up until and including *****. List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots - Wikipedia

Apparently there have been no attempts on President ***** so far.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #4,999  
That is an Ikon. If I were wealthy enough to own a Monet, Michael Angelo, etc... I would purchase beautiful old sports cars instead. They are more beautiful works of art, to me.
How about a 1958 Porsche 308 Diesel? ( sports tractor?)
View attachment 812254
Love the fender seats… spent a lot of time one summer going to the field with my uncle.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,000  
1690247735103.png