Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,923  
Anyone that has had a mammogram knows what BS stands for...boob squash.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,924  
Mine is just the Skymap that comes with Android. You sometimes have to calibrate the compass in the phone by moving the phone in figure 8's a bit, but with the grid lines and poles showing, I can point it the right way to figure out what I need even if the right way isn't the true direction. E.g: I know where west is, so I move the phone around until it is pointing west to get the right display, even if the phone is now actually pointing north. My tiny brain does the rest
I use SkEye (free app).

I'll "align" my phone by finding Polaris/Venus/Jupiter/Saturn/Mars whatever's obvious and visible at the moment, get a feel for "phone thinks it's pointed this way" and then keep that when I then go find what I'm actually looking for. It's typically just a few degrees off, but sometimes I feel like I'm holding the phone in front of my quite crookedly to have it "pointed" at the reference.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,925  
I use SkEye (free app).

I'll "align" my phone by finding Polaris/Venus/Jupiter/Saturn/Mars whatever's obvious and visible at the moment, get a feel for "phone thinks it's pointed this way" and then keep that when I then go find what I'm actually looking for. It's typically just a few degrees off, but sometimes I feel like I'm holding the phone in front of my quite crookedly to have it "pointed" at the reference.
I have done that just trying to get a text to send !!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,926  
1689732972519.png

Don't that beat all?

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#4,928  
I use SkEye (free app).

That’s what I was trying to describe but you worded it better. The star gazing apps are handy but tough for me to align my phone.