Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#4,831  
When we had a pool we had a solar heater. If the pool got to hit we open the solar heater at night to cool it off.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,832  
I don't know if this qualifies with the thread title; but a few years ago I picked up a piece of wire off the ground near what was once a generator shed for a logging camp. I thought it was copper but for some reason I put it near my compass and it repelled the needle. I've always assumed that had something to do with the electricity which ran through it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,835  
But it's a dry heat :cool:
Years ago I went to north Dakota to help put for a couple weeks for work.

Temperature during the day was 105° with a low humidity.

During the weeks previously I had been dealing with 110° to 120° Temps during the day with high humidity.

Freaked me out when the emergency alert sounded on the radio. I'm used to that going off for tornados

One of the guys mentioned it was probably alerting to the heat.

Heck, with the low humidity, even with the heat, I was running circles around everyone there. My only issue was my mouth and throat kept feeling like I swallowed a bunch of gauze

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,836  
I live in Wisconsin. We get humidity, and high temperatures, and to me it never seems to be an issue. Then I spent 2weeks visiting relatives in Montana where it was over 100f everyday, and I was fine, every day, with 10% humidity. Fly into Milwaukee, exit the airport to the truck, thought I was going to die, what a shock, 70deg, 100%humidity, felt like I was breathing one of those green aqua colored funnel clouds.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,837  
When we were in Agra, India it was 114 and 80%+ humidity, the locals were even getting bothered, but just a bit.

From Mental floss today: The annual number of worldwide shark bites is 10 times less than the number of people bitten by other people in New York.

Being raised between NY and MA I found this funny, wonder how many more if they used NJ instead?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,839  
Mummies fascinate me. As a kid we spent a lot of time at museums. Great stuff.

When our kids were young, we took them to a museum and got to go to a mummy exhibit. They had some interactive stuff for the kids. They were explaining the mummification process to the kids, and they had a fake mummy. The woman putting on the demonstration was asking kids to remove the heart, liver, lungs, etc. Our youngest daughter was kind of disappointed that she didn't get to remove any organs.

Then the woman handed my kid a crotchet hook and asked her to remove the brains through the mummy's nose. My daughter stuffed that hook up there and pulled out a bunch of grey and red yarn! She loved it! Says it's one of her best childhood memories. 🤣

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,840  
When we were in Agra, India it was 114 and 80%+ humidity, the locals were even getting bothered, but just a bit.

From Mental floss today: The annual number of worldwide shark bites is 10 times less than the number of people bitten by other people in New York.

Being raised between NY and MA I found this funny, wonder how many more if they used NJ instead?
Probably higher number of rabies cases as well LOL