Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,721  
The hospital is prefix 276 and local mortuary 278 and wrong calls happen regularly.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,722  
Jay’s potato chips used to be called Japp potato chips but was changed during WW2.
True. Jay's had a plant on the south side of Chicago (~95th street, by the expressway) that my (daily ride) Metra commuter train ran past. They received their potatoes via semi truck van, had a lift that would raise the trailer up (usually - but not always without the tractor) and dump the load into their system. I'm not sure how they got loaded... When we went by, I was always hoping to catch one raised - very often did. Never on a windy day.

1688570041789.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,723  
That's a very interesting photo; check me if I'm wrong, but being an old-car buff, I think the Caddy tail lights and bumper were added on at some time; probably during restoration. Below is what I remember about the tail lights.
1688571955113.png

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #4,724  
Iron oxide is often used as a filler for improved heat resistance in some rubber compounds. That could be it.
I recall all natural rubber inner tubes being red, and very stretchy. During WWII, they were prized by us kids to make rubber guns; the new synthetic rubber was black and didn't stretch worth a hoot.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,725  
My in-laws phone number was one digit off from a large local Holiday Inn and they got calls constantly people asking for a room. So 51 years ago when I met my wife I said let me answer. I did and started booking rooms, saying we had a special rate going on, giving a confirmation number, etc. Within a week the Holiday Inn changed their number.
That's when wife's parents knew I was the one.
I did similar at my grandparents house. Their phone number was 1 off from a local hair salon.

We were having lunch so when the phone rang, I answered since it was easier for me to get up from the picnic table.

I answered, said "absolutely, how does 3pm sound today??? Great!! See you then!!!!" And hung up the phone.

I set several more appointments for the same time that day

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,726  
That's a very interesting photo; check me if I'm wrong, but being an old-car buff, I think the Caddy tail lights and bumper were added on at some time; probably during restoration. Below is what I remember about the tail lights.
View attachment 809535
Yeah. This what the original looked like.

F23D0853-35C7-4537-B91C-2891C378E8B0.png

Attachments

• 65D5ED83-E014-41F4-8D6B-952560106754.png
    65D5ED83-E014-41F4-8D6B-952560106754.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #4,729  
Most of our car seats wouldn't recline and it's mighty nice to lean back against those new fangled headrests on long trips. It seemed like we were always changing plugs and points, too. ;-)
Good points, but when comparing these two cars, who's going to make their decision based on reclining seats or headrests?

1688578432049.png1688578441533.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,730  
For those that don't know what's the significance of 867-5309 and 3-6, 2-4, 3-6 eight.

This one isn't as well known, yet it's the number I have stuck in my head.
Most of our car seats wouldn't recline and it's mighty nice to lean back against those new fangled headrests on long trips. It seemed like we were always changing plugs and points, too. ;-)
Those bench seats were nuch more comfortable than the new reclining buckets for certain things, though. 😃