Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,591  
87E923BB-3D45-4529-81D1-08EBD3CBFC94.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,593  
Yep, methheads stole a 14' x 40' building. Only in Kentucky!

I can't help but wonder what they were going to do with it.

·
1687624874821.png

https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...QVYNshjWayW26nnBG0TFM0aIrT7_5K&__tn__=<,P-y-R

Graves County Sheriff's Office

June 23, 2023

Re: Three suspects arrested for felony theft in Symsonia

Graves County Sheriff's deputies recovered a stolen 14 X 40 foot outbuilding late Thursday night just west of Symsonia.

Two suspects had connected two utility trailers haphazardly and was pulling the 14 foot by 40 foot building down McGuire Road when tires on one of the trailers blew out at about 11:40PM Thursday night.

Through an investigation, it was determined that the building had been stolen from a residence located in the 1100 block of McGuire Road in Symsonia. The two suspects stated that they had permission from the owner to take it. The owner whom was out of town was contacted by deputies. The owner stated that he did not know these men and had not given anyone permission to take the building. A third suspect involved in the theft was later located and arrested, whom claims to have spoken to the owner and gained permission to take it. She was identified as 51 year old Sandra K. Vibbert of McCracken County.

The two men were identified as:

Michael D. Little age 45 of McCracken County. He was charged with felony Theft by Unlawful Taking. Little has an extensive criminal record which includes at least four felony convictions for felony possession of Methamphetamine, Fleeing or Evading, and other convictions.

Johntan Stephens age 39 of McCracken County. He was charged with felony Theft by Unlawful taking. Stephens was also wanted on felony charges related to Methamphetamine charges out of Massac County Illinois.

Also arrested was 51 year old Sandra K. Vibbert of McCracken County on the same charge of Theft by Unlawful Taking.

Preparations are currently underway to get the building returned to the victims property.
All suspects were later taken to out of county jail facilities.

End of Release
Sheriff Jon Hayden

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,594  

The picture shows thde next improvement over the headeer/thresher. That is a combine (combined header/thresher), I can't tell if it is ground or motor power. First combines were ground power so the horses were both pulling the machine plus the drag of the "bull wheel" My first harvest was the beginning. Grain was cut with a binder that tied the grain into bundles (sheaves). Then the crew went out and set the bundles up in verticle stacks of 6-8 (shocks or stoocks (?sp)). The grain was cut a bit green and left for several days to dry. Then picked up with team horses 2 or 3 man crew, one driving and stacking the shocks, usually an early teenage boy) and one ttossing the bundles onto the wagon. Load was then carried to the "stationery thresher". Thresher powered by a wheel tractor on belt. Crew was at least two men. A machine tender and and sacker who filled the sacks at the grain elevator and sewed them shut.

The thresher/tractor unit was either owned by one farmer or was community property. It traveled from farm to farm.

Meanwhile the women spent their time by slaving over a wood or coal fired cookstove turning out humongous meals.

My first expeerience was driving the wagon picking up shocks and general errand kid.

Ah for the good old days....NOT.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,595  
The picture shows thde next improvement over the headeer/thresher. That is a combine (combined header/thresher), I can't tell if it is ground or motor power. First combines were ground power so the horses were both pulling the machine plus the drag of the "bull wheel" My first harvest was the beginning. Grain was cut with a binder that tied the grain into bundles (sheaves). Then the crew went out and set the bundles up in verticle stacks of 6-8 (shocks or stoocks (?sp)). The grain was cut a bit green and left for several days to dry. Then picked up with team horses 2 or 3 man crew, one driving and stacking the shocks, usually an early teenage boy) and one ttossing the bundles onto the wagon. Load was then carried to the "stationery thresher". Thresher powered by a wheel tractor on belt. Crew was at least two men. A machine tender and and sacker who filled the sacks at the grain elevator and sewed them shut.

The thresher/tractor unit was either owned by one farmer or was community property. It traveled from farm to farm.

Meanwhile the women spent their time by slaving over a wood or coal fired cookstove turning out humongous meals.

My first expeerience was driving the wagon picking up shocks and general errand kid.

Ah for the good old days....NOT.
You gave a good supplement to the picture.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,596  
Didn't know where to post this so here will have to do.

Had a beautiful fun day yesterday on the boat with family, was thinking how Great everything has been going lately.

Out of the Blue this morning
(feeding time) my wife comes in crying and I ask Oh no what's wrong are you alright ? and she responds Solara is dead.

I said I don't believe it.

Solara is her purebred Saddlebred Mare, and a direct descendent of William Shatners twice World's Fine Harness Stallion Grand Champion
Sultans Great Day.

Just can't believe it...
She was a mid aged horse, Very strong and healthy.
When we got home last night she was fine- talking to the other horses in the other field.

We only found one mark on her, one of the back of her hove's looks like a bite mark.

Found bear tracks and scat in her field.

Sad and somewhat dumbfounded because We believe we had a doe deer give birth yesterday behind the garage and all seems normal.

Spent this morning digging the grave with the Ford TLB and then mounting the old chain on forks with the large platform plate I made for them. This plate has made it possible to intern horses in a careful humane way versus dragging them by the neck which believe me is Not the way to move them.

I am Thankful that both tractors were up and functional. I almost put off repairing both of them (Swing chain on the 550TLB and blown front axle seal on the 554).

If they were both broke down Today would have been far more stressful trying to find another neighbor to drop what they were doing to help us.

I guess when it is your time - it is your time, Animal or Human.
Cherish your family and your pets, things sure can change in a blink of an eye.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,597  
Didn't know where to post this so here will have to do.

Had a beautiful fun day yesterday on the boat with family, was thinking how Great everything has been going lately.

Out of the Blue this morning
(feeding time) my wife comes in crying and I ask Oh no what's wrong are you alright ? and she responds Solara is dead.

I said I don't believe it.

Solara is her purebred Saddlebred Mare, and a direct descendent of William Shatners twice World's Fine Harness Stallion Grand Champion
Sultans Great Day.

Just can't believe it...
She was a mid aged horse, Very strong and healthy.
When we got home last night she was fine- talking to the other horses in the other field.

We only found one mark on her, one of the back of her hove's looks like a bite mark.

Found bear tracks and scat in her field.

Sad and somewhat dumbfounded because We believe we had a doe deer give birth yesterday behind the garage and all seems normal.

Spent this morning digging the grave with the Ford TLB and then mounting the old chain on forks with the large platform plate I made for them. This plate has made it possible to intern horses in a careful humane way versus dragging them by the neck which believe me is Not the way to move them.

I am Thankful that both tractors were up and functional. I almost put off repairing both of them (Swing chain on the 550TLB and blown front axle seal on the 554).

If they were both broke down Today would have been far more stressful trying to find another neighbor to drop what they were doing to help us.

I guess when it is your time - it is your time, Animal or Human.
Cherish your family and your pets, things sure can change in a blink of an eye.
Sorry for your loss.
"Good Morning" thread often has this kind of bad news posted. Good morning!!!!
:cry:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,599  
I have never had horses but people who do get more attached to them than we do to our dogs. Having it happen unexpectedly makes it even worse.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,600  
I have never had horses but people who do get more attached to them than we do to our dogs. Having it happen unexpectedly makes it even worse.

Thanks Guys,
I appreciate it- and also relayed the condolences.

Last edited: