Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,211  
Speaking of oddities...many years ago, my eye became very irritated. Giving it a closer look, I noticed an eyelash growing out of the corner of my eye. I removed it with a pair of tweezers, but I was always puzzled by it. Here's what I found:

What is trichiasis?​

Trichiasis is an eye condition in which your eyelashes grow the wrong way — toward your eye rather than away from it. Having misdirected eyelashes causes your eye to become irritated because the lashes scrape against the cornea, the conjunctiva and the inside of your eyelids.
Trichiasis usually affects your lower eyelids. There’s a special name for eyelashes that grow in the inner corner of your eye — medial canthal trichiasis.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,212  
Speaking of hole in one prizes... anyone remember this, when the guy makes a hole in one on 13th hole, the caddy thinks they've won the car, but while the car is displayed on the 15th, it's the prize for a hole in one on the 13th hole!

Advance to about 55 seconds for dejected look... poor guy.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,213  
Try taking a piece of uncooked spaghetti, hold one end in one hand and the other end in your other hand. Then try and snap it into two pieces. Good luck. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,214  
Got a friend who made a living running a golf tournament business. He would put together any golf outing you wanted, get the course, prizes on holes, meal, swag, etc. including car for a hole in one, covered by insurance on his part.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,215  
That's true, but there is more to the story. If you look closely at the edge of the scissors you will see that the angle is not 90*, more like 70 or 80, as a result of abraision that edge becomes rounded over in time and will not cut as well. When it is restored to a sharp edge it will cut much better. Think of how a sharp vs dull knife works.
True but my point was the cut is made by the contact point. Perfectly sharpened scissors won't cut if there's no contact pressure which is more important than sharp. A knife is totally different.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,216  
Use your knuckles to remember which months have 31 days and which ones don't. It's easier than remembering the poem.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,217  
Speaking of oddities...many years ago, my eye became very irritated. Giving it a closer look, I noticed an eyelash growing out of the corner of my eye. I removed it with a pair of tweezers, but I was always puzzled by it. Here's what I found:

What is trichiasis?​

Trichiasis is an eye condition in which your eyelashes grow the wrong way — toward your eye rather than away from it. Having misdirected eyelashes causes your eye to become irritated because the lashes scrape against the cornea, the conjunctiva and the inside of your eyelids.
Trichiasis usually affects your lower eyelids. There’s a special name for eyelashes that grow in the inner corner of your eye — medial canthal trichiasis.
Have you ever read the book All Creatures Great and Small", by James Herriot? One of his tales was of a pup at the pub he frequented, who needed surgery because his eye lashes were rubbing against his eyes. More recently... last fall my dog had an eye injury, which could have blinded him. He had to have his eyelid sewn back, as his lashes were keeping it from healing.
When he came back from surgery he was wearing a cone... still groggy from the anesthesia but we went for a walk. When I espied a bird sitting in a tree we went back to the truck where I told him to stay, while I retrieved my shotgun. He did good until I fired, but at the shot he came running... albeit somewhat wobbly.
He managed to grab that bird and brought it back to the house for me. You can't keep a good bird dog down!!!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,218  
Speaking of eyes about 20 years ago I put a Briggs and Stratton motor on a bicycle. To test it out I had it idling and decided to adjust the carburetor using this screwdriver, 4" blade length. I didn't have flywheel cover on so when I went towards screw the screwdriver hit flywheel fins driving screwdriver into my right eye.
I pulled screwdriver out, shut motor off, covered my good eye and looked at the sun. Everything was black except sun looked like a dark purple curtain. I was bleeding a lot...went to house telling my wife "well...I'm blind!". She grabbed a towel, drove me to hospital flashers on 80 mph.
At hospital they asked why I pulled screwdriver out since xray showed it went into my brain! They sewed eyelid up and I wore an eyepatch...nothing much they could do. I had eyedrops.
At home I looked...eye was horrible, black with red around edge.
A few weeks later I noticed a change...I have medium brown eyes and I could see something brown below the black...still couldn't see though. It was the iris and day by day I saw it moving...eventually it moved up and around back in place! Apparently the screwdriver went up through eye socket rolling eyeball.
About a month later it had healed. I went to a local eye center and they called me "the miracle guy". I'm 70, last complete eye exam not long ago they said I have 20-20 vision. I do use low power $1 readers for fine print.
To this day it's baffling, was it divine intervention? I'm grateful regardless and the body is a strange thing!
20230502_200043.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,219  
Speaking of eyes about 20 years ago I put a Briggs and Stratton motor on a bicycle. To test it out I had it idling and decided to adjust the carburetor using this screwdriver, 4" blade length. I didn't have flywheel cover on so when I went towards screw the screwdriver hit flywheel fins driving screwdriver into my right eye.
I pulled screwdriver out, shut motor off, covered my good eye and looked at the sun. Everything was black except sun looked like a dark purple curtain. I was bleeding a lot...went to house telling my wife "well...I'm blind!". She grabbed a towel, drove me to hospital flashers on 80 mph.
At hospital they asked why I pulled screwdriver out since xray showed it went into my brain! They sewed eyelid up and I wore an eyepatch...nothing much they could do. I had eyedrops.
A few weeks later I noticed a change...I have medium brown eyes and I could see something brown below the black...still couldn't see though. It was the iris and day by day I saw it moving...eventually it moved up and around back in place! Apparently the screwdriver went up through eye socket rolling eyeball.
About a month later it had healed. I went to a local eye center and they called me "the miracle guy". I'm 70, last complete eye exam not long ago they said I have 20-20 vision. I do use low power $1 readers for fine print.
To this day it's baffling, was it divine intervention? I'm grateful regardless and the body is a strange thing!View attachment 798659
I don't believe in luck.

However, in your case I will make an exception. You are a very lucky man!!! 👍

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,220  
To this day it's baffling, was it divine intervention? I'm grateful regardless and the body is a strange thing!View attachment 798659
wow that’s a crazy story