Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,681  
I'm 57 and rarely go to the doctor. I'm not going to be put on medication for the rest of my life so if natural cures don't work or temporary surgery or temporary medicines don't work then it's my time to go.

I remember getting the shingles back in 2012. Worst experience of my life and the 3 weeks of medical treatment was a relief.
I once thought the same way. But as I get older the more I realize that vaccinations 'may' be worthwhile. Recently I've been getting just about every kind offered, including one to prevent shingles.
But I think you're right about shingles. My dad got them and suffered hard and long from them. That's just one more thing, among many, that I don't want!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,682  
One year I spent a week at a Boy Scout camp and earned the sail boating, motor boating, canoeing, swimming, lifesaving, fishing, and rifle and shotgun merit badges. I spent so much time in the water I looked like a prune. I actually had to go back the following weekend to finish the rifle and shotgun merit badge. That's how I got involved in competitive shooting as a youth.
Aren't you glad you weren't born and raised in the ghetto? Me too! ;)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,683  

This Roman gate was buried within the cities protective walls for hundreds of years.

From when I was there:
IMG_1470.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,684  
Aren't you glad you weren't born and raised in the ghetto? Me too! ;)
I wasn't born and raised in a ghetto. However, my folks weren't well off. (5 kids are expensive). We ate a lot of rice, beans, chicken, and fish from the lake behind our house. I was in an inner city boy scout troop. We had plenty of kids from all walks of life, financial means, races, religions, etc. We did fund raisers, paper drives, sold magazine subscriptions, candy sales, stuff like that, so all of us could go to camp.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,685  
I once thought the same way. But as I get older the more I realize that vaccinations 'may' be worthwhile. Recently I've been getting just about every kind offered, including one to prevent shingles.
But I think you're right about shingles. My dad got them and suffered hard and long from them. That's just one more thing, among many, that I don't want!

Anyone who says shingles isn’t one of the most painful maladies, well, I would beg to differ. It took two bags of morphine in ER before I could straighten up from the overwhelming gut pain. It was like a hard punch to my right side every 30-45 seconds for several days. My side is still numb in places and that was two years ago.

The worst part is I went to CVS the month before for the vaccine and they were out of stock. After my sister saw me, she got the vaccine the next week. I did finally get the two-shot vaccine, 60 and 90 days after it attacked me. You can bet I’ll be back for a refresher in five years.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,686  
Anyone who says shingles isn’t one of the most painful maladies, well, I would beg to differ. It took two bags of morphine in ER before I could straighten up from the overwhelming gut pain. It was like a hard punch to my right side every 30-45 seconds for several days. My side is still numb in places and that was two years ago.

The worst part is I went to CVS the month before for the vaccine and they were out of stock. After my sister saw me, she got the vaccine the next week. I did finally get the two-shot vaccine, 60 and 90 days after it attacked me. You can bet I’ll be back for a refresher in five years.
I got them 3 years ago but somehow recognized it immediately, and went straight to my doctor who immediately put me on some meds. Yet I still have an area on my ribs with virtually no feeling; and often get cramps in the vicinity. They tell me it will always be that way.

38% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood.
Only 10% of them do.

If only one more percent of Americans would donate, shortages would disappear.
I'm one of the 62%. :(

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,687  
38% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood.
Only 10% of them do.

If only one more percent of Americans would donate, shortages would disappear.

I started donating blood 20 years ago, and still do occasionally. a few years ago I surpassed 5 gallons donated, probably added a couple more since then.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,688  
I started donating blood 20 years ago, and still do occasionally. a few years ago I surpassed 5 gallons donated, probably added a couple more since then.
Thanks for donating. The gift of life is our reward. It's a great feeling. One more time and I will hit the 6 gallon milestone.

Did you know that to many people donate just twice a year, and if they all would donate 3 times a year most shortages would end.