Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,671  
The answer is 3.

If circle B is looked at like a "clock" then circle A starts at the 12 o clock position and completes one revolution around circle B at the "4 o clock position, and then circle A completes two revolutions at the 8 o clock position, and then circle A then completes the third revolution at the 12 o clock position which was the starting position.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

KC
I would agree.

It's all in the perception of WHERE you are standing when viewing the small circle as a "complete" revolution.

If from the viewpoint of standing on either one of the circles.....the answer would be 3.

But from a "3rd person" viewpoint so to speak.....the smaller circle makes 4 complete rotations with respect to due north....even though it only makes 3 revolutions with respect to the other circle.

It's a debatable topic that "both" answers can be correct without a further clarifying statement.

Kinda like asking a question of what is bigger, a basketball or a bowling ball. Without knowing if "bigger" is referring to size or mass.....an argument can be made for either

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,672  
I would agree.

It's all in the perception of WHERE you are standing when viewing the small circle as a "complete" revolution.

If from the viewpoint of standing on either one of the circles.....the answer would be 3.

But from a "3rd person" viewpoint so to speak.....the smaller circle makes 4 complete rotations with respect to due north....even though it only makes 3 revolutions with respect to the other circle.

It's a debatable topic that "both" answers can be correct without a further clarifying statement.

Kinda like asking a question of what is bigger, a basketball or a bowling ball. Without knowing if "bigger" is referring to size or mass.....an argument can be made for either
I would have gotten the question wrong either way. I kept calculating for the area of the circles, not the circumference.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,673  
Bet you didn't know this;

Toto the dog was once a cow.

wizard of oz stamp

In the original 1902 stage version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Dorothy did not have a dog but a faithful cow named Imogene. While L. Frank Baum's book features the Toto we know and love, his adaptation opted for the larger animal. "It may seem a long jump from a dog to a cow, but in the latter animal we have a character that really ought to amuse the youngsters," he said in 1904.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,674  
My wife hated math but made good grades.
I loved math taking all I could, made good grades. I worked on this puzzle and kept getting three. I showed it to wife and she said right off the answer choices were wrong! I said then what's the right answer? Four she says. Explain please? She said she couldn't...but it's 4 because it's a 3:1 ratio and you add 1 so it's 4.
In 51 years I've seen her do that many times, never can explain it, but she's right (not right on everything ) but I don't know how she does it.
In math she made good grades but couldn't show her work. What tha'?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,675  
The answer to the circle problem is that the small circle won't rotate around the large circle at all. It will hit the frame at the red arrow and stop after a partial rotation.

:D

Bruce

1-3-circles.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,676  
Speaking of sailboats, the sail is shaped similar to an airplane wing when filled with air, the phenomenon is what allows a sailboat to sail into the wind, but only at a 45 degree angle. I learned to sail in a boat like this, very small, that my dad owned.
View attachment 789260
I learned in a Sunfish when I was maybe 12-13. Lots of fun! (y)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,677  
38% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood.
Only 10% of them do.

If only one more percent of Americans would donate, shortages would disappear.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,679  
I too learned to sail in a sunfish. Later we graduated to a Catamaran.
One year I spent a week at a Boy Scout camp and earned the sail boating, motor boating, canoeing, swimming, lifesaving, fishing, and rifle and shotgun merit badges. I spent so much time in the water I looked like a prune. I actually had to go back the following weekend to finish the rifle and shotgun merit badge. That's how I got involved in competitive shooting as a youth.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,680  
When I sailed that little dingy it was on a lake in Illinois. It had a lot of houses and trees and this made it a lot of work. It made me appreciate a steady wind without changing direction for sailing. It was a lot of fun.
Same here, my home sail club is on an inland lake, with a mountain lying in the path of prevailing wind. Visitors never win at this lake, too much home-court advantage in the way the local terrain and trees affect the ever-squirrely wind patterns.