Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,491  
Thanks for asking, mostly because you made me realize I have no digital backup of that photo! My sister had it mounted years ago, as a gift for me, before we bothered with digital photos. Gonna have to pull it out of its mounting and scan it for safe keeping, sometime soon.

In any case, I just snapped a copy with my phone, hopefully this comes thru okay enough.

View attachment 786658 View attachment 786657

We actually have a lot of very old family photos, tin types and such, a result of our family staying in the same neighborhood since the early 1700's. When one of the generations-old houses gets sold, lots of interesting stuff always turns up in the clean-out process.
That's amazing. Like I said before, it must have a lot of historical significance. If you have the provenance, or even if you don't, I would have it examined and appraised by an expert. It may be worth a fortune, not only to you and your family, but to the country!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,492  
That's amazing. Like I said before, it must have a lot of historical significance. If you have the provenance, or even if you don't, I would have it examined and appraised by an expert. It may be worth a fortune, not only to you and your family, but to the country!
Maybe. See the post I just made, overlapping time stamp with yours. I'm wondering now if my sister pulled a photo out of the family collection labeled "Francis Key", and just assumed it's the famous one, rather than his son or some other later relative named after the one we all know.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,493  
I just read his statue was taken down a couple years ago. Soon all of American history will be lost or changed.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,494  
Yeah. Keep the picture at home with family. Too much risk it'd be "lost" by the new truth police.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,495  
3EDBF591-2150-4952-ADDC-9EFB33865244.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,496  
I had a '59 Impala that I took to the car shows for about 20 years. I had it at a show in a small town several years ago; I was sitting in a lawn chair under a tree when I noticed a couple of elderly ladies smiling, looking at my car and talking in a low voice. I over heard one say, with a big smile on her face "I lost my virtue in the back seat of a car just like that! ☺️
I also had a '59 Impala; 348cid tri-power. Spent most of my time with it working on it.
Lesson Learned: '59 Impala's do not make a good drag race car :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,497  
I just read his statue was taken down a couple years ago. Soon all of American history will be lost or changed.
Meh... lots of that going around. These stupid people trying to apply modern ethics to those living in a very different world fail to realize how noble they were (by our standards) compared to what preceded them. By modern standards, most leaders of the late ancient world would be considered sadistic psychopaths.

Heck, how many of you have really read the Deuteronomic histories of the old testament as adults? Judges, anyone? Not pleasant stuff. If any of these people defacing the statues of our great (but still flawed human) founders would take the time to actually understand trajectory of human ethics and compassion, rather than being so quick to hop onto a bandwagon of popular but short-sighted political correctness, they might have a different perspective.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,498  
US drought/wetness monitor. It can be filtered by zip code or state.