Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,172  
Why in the heck does someone use a missile to deflate a balloon so the payload will drop. A few 20mm rounds through the ballon would have let it slowly lose altitude and allow for an easy recovery, no reason to "splash" it as they did. It should have been deflated long before it was.
Exactly what we were thinking. With a slow descent a large plane could have snagged it you would think.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,173  
The actual Chinese one was shot down off the east coast today.
I saw all the debates over shooting it down several days ago, when it was over northwest states with extremely low population densities. Sure, you can never know exactly what will happen when shooting down a balloon, but the risk of it causing damage on the ground in Montana (or Alaska) is laughably low.

You have to wonder what the balloon's actual purpose was, as high-res imagery is possible from satellite today, no weather balloon needed. This would appear to be a phish, aimed more at measuring our response, than any visual data unobtainable by other methods.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,176  
And then there's this slacker....

It will be interesting to see what he accomplishes ... I saw a articles once of the peoples with the highest IQ of all time and their accomplishment... most of which didn't accomplish much at all.

I worked with a girl, and she told me her brother was a genius (her boyfriend confirms the story but I guess it still could be a lie but they didn't come across as liars) she said her brother at the time had the highest IQ score in Canada, he graduated university at 16-year-old but then he ''revolted'' after university and choose to live his life, he is a cook now in a fancy restaurant. Just like in sports when a kids have all the talent in the world and gets push by everyone except themselves and never make it to the next level because he get sick of it because they got constantly push instead of simply being left alone and have fun playing the game.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,177  
It will be interesting to see what he accomplishes ... I saw a articles once of the peoples with the highest IQ of all time and their accomplishment... most of which didn't accomplish much at all.

I worked with a girl, and she told me her brother was a genius (her boyfriend confirms the story but I guess it still could be a lie but they didn't come across as liars) she said her brother at the time had the highest IQ score in Canada, he graduated university at 16-year-old but then he ''revolted'' after university and choose to live his life, he is a cook now in a fancy restaurant. Just like in sports when a kids have all the talent in the world and gets push by everyone except themselves and never make it to the next level because he get sick of it because they got constantly push instead of simply being left alone and have fun playing the game.
Frank Zappa had an IQ of 172 or something like that. If you've ever heard his music you would know that he was one strange guy. No disrespect meant, and a lot of people really like hiw music. I'd heard all of the songs they play on the radio for years, but for the ride home one day I loaded the full "Joe's Garage" album. Wow! That was a freaky trip.

Then there's the guy in your signature... nobody can argue about his accomplishments.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,178  
I'm glad we left this one to the experts, I'll stick with working on tractors and whatever else needs fixing.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,179  
Frank Zappa had an IQ of 172 or something like that. If you've ever heard his music you would know that he was one strange guy. No disrespect meant, and a lot of people really like hiw music. I'd heard all of the songs they play on the radio for years, but for the ride home one day I loaded the full "Joe's Garage" album. Wow! That was a freaky trip.

Then there's the guy in your signature... nobody can argue about his accomplishments.
I don't think any other recording artist has more record albums to their name than Frank...!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,180  
I don't think any other recording artist has more record albums to their name than Frank...!

... or at least as many consecutive years at that production rate. What was his motto, something like, "anything, anywhere, anytime"?

I went thru a Zappa phase in grad school, probably like most musicians, buying up most of his catalog over a few years. And while I think he wrote and recorded some truly amazing stuff, I'd also say he published way more garbage than most, too. There's something to be said for those who know what to leave on the cutting room floor.