Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,131  
I cannot picture a grandfather with his grandkids on his lap at that moment wishing he never had a kid and if that the case you have to be the exception and not the norm...
Each to their own. I'll never know what it's like to be a grandfather but I don't feel like I'm missing much. Not every one enjoys being around children.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,132  
I respect other's decisions and their choices and what makes the world a happier place. Imo.
I consider my kids my greatest achievement but I certainly don't expect anyone to feel like me or want what I wanted.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,133  
I respect other's decisions and their choices and what makes the world a happier place. Imo.
I consider my kids my greatest achievement but I certainly don't expect anyone to feel like me or want what I wanted.
I occasionally meet a young person and think "I might have had kids, if I could have helped them turn out like him/her."

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,134  
They said the order was given on Wednesday to shoot it down. The military decided to wait until it got over water as to minimize the risk to people/property. Just hear on the news that it's in 47' of water and should be recovered. They shot it down before it got 12 miles offshore, so still in our waters.

Anyhow, plenty on-line about it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,135  
Each to their own. I'll never know what it's like to be a grandfather but I don't feel like I'm missing much. Not every one enjoys being around children.
I hear you. Only you know if you would or wouldn't want children. (y)

Three of my sisters didn't have children. But they "rented" plenty of kids when they had the urge. Then they returned them. All were undamaged by the renter. 🤣

I also think that maybe since my sisters, who are all older than me, had to help raise me, that exerience most likely turned them off to having kids of their own. :unsure: :oops: 🤣

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,136  
I occasionally meet a young person and think "I might have had kids, if I could have helped them turn out like him/her."
Yes!

I meet a few young people and think wow, what good people. I've met a few that I'd have wanted for my son in-laws. There's still a lot of great young people out there.

I had a female boss that never had children. She has nieces and nephews and borrowed them often when they were young. She also was/is very active in 4H horse club activities and taught probably a hundred kids to ride. Her husband works with school age robotics teams. They just never had the urge to have kids of their own. Nothing wrong with that.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,137  
You're missing more than you will ever know, next to Jesus children are the most precious gift from God.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,138  
I've met plenty of happy bachelors and single women, too. Married life and children and a whole host of other things are just not "the thing" for a lot of people. I'm glad they know themselves well enough to make those decisions.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,139  
I heard Jeff Dahmer's parents weren't too happy.
W.C. Fields said he liked children if they were parbroiled.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,140  
You're missing more than you will ever know, next to Jesus children are the most precious gift from God.
If someone never has kids, then I believe that is God's will for thier lives. And also a personal choice.
The most precious gift is as you stated!
I have one daughter who decided she liked kids so much that we have 13 extra grandchildren. Filled every seat in a 15 passenger van to go anywhere as a family. The grandkids are precious and a lot of fun to have around. Getting to teach them different things, like tractor safety (to drive the tractor), use the backhoe, marksmanship and dressing out deer or other lifestock and about life in general. All individuals in the way they think and process information, what a wonderful challenge in life.

Last edited: