Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,751  
And then they got smallpox, and were the last native Americans to get screwed by the U.S. government. Half got moved to reservation in Idaho. Half fought back. Tragic.

But they did whip ass on the US army at the battle at Whitebird

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,754  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #2,756  
Prices that rise during inflation never return to the original.

Most of you posting here didn't live thru the Jimmy Carter years in the late 70's. Then, if you saw something in a store that you needed/wanted you better buy it because the next week it would be 10% higher. Not all the man's fault so we do not need to get in that discussion. And my parents had several CDs paying from 12% to over 15%.

The discussion around the table at lunch yesterday finally got around to the price of eggs. Youngest daughter and wife's sister live next door to each other and are talking about getting some chicks and a small henhouse for the eggs. I cannot wait for all the drama that is going to generate.

RSKY

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,757  
I'll be looking forward to that article.

If the premise you describe was true churches would have a severe shortage of missionaries as they would all find the African jungles, the Australian outback and the rain forests of Brazil so comforting, and preferable to life in the United States that few, if any, ('overwhelmingly' remember) would return here.

Why are millions lining up to get into the US and European civilized countries if it was so much better living in their own primitive countries? Because their own countries are terrible. Civilized societies produced by western culture over the last few centuries may not be perfect but it is absolutely better than this romanticized but improbable utopia you say is described in this article.

It's more likely that this notion is promoted by first world elites who want to reduce populations of civilized countries and promote an idea that 'you will own nothing and love it'.

You have to deeply experience both...The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence until you are standing on that grass. Saw one article that show how little some African tribe had to work to survive this person went to this tribe to see how much work they had to do to live off the land and he notice they only had to work a few hours a day.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #2,758  
You have to deeply experience both...The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence until you are standing on that grass. Saw one article that show how little some African tribe had to work to survive this person went to this tribe to see how much work they had to do to live off the land and he notice they only had to work a few hours a day.
Maybe you can convince some of the millions crossing our southern border that they can have a much better life in Africa just working a few hours a day.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,759  
Maybe you can convince some of the millions crossing our southern border that they can have a much better life in Africa just working a few hours a day.
I can't convince them just like I won't be able to convince you, they have to experience it to be convince.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,760  
I believe that most of them are from South America, not Africa.