Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,811  
DE23F435-3591-4E2E-8C1E-73DB7BF5B76A.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,812  
Stretch out two different brand tape measures. They won't read the same either. My rule is to only build with the same tape measure. Building by myself it works.
The quality control on most steel tape measures (by Stanley and other quality tool makers) is pretty good...
Carpentry crews generally check their tapes especially when one mechanic is doing the cutting and another is installing whatever...tapes should read the same when the latter is calling out measurements and the latter is cutting...
What can make a difference is when tapes get dropped the the tang end gets bent and doesn't slip on the rivets the thickness of the tab (about 1/16th")...it can make a difference...!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,813  
Shouldn't it read "Plazhna Biblioteka"? (or similar in Cyrillic)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,815  
The Sun has a radius 100 times that of the Earth, which means that about one million earths would fit into the Sun.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,816  
Back to the hard drive discussion - I would destroy old drives by taking them apart and bending the platters such that the oxide coating cracked off. Read that! You can imagine my surprise when I found out about glass platters while trying to bend it. Still couldn't read it afterwards.
My reason and reward for destroying them this way, I kept the neodymium magnets. I have more than a lifetime supply, and find new uses for them all the time.

And, did you know you can hook a USB floppy drive to an Android phone using a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable? I did this for kicks, and read data from a floppy. I forget if I was able to write to it. Also works for USB keyboards, mice, memory sticks and, I think, hard drives.
A quick look on Amazon shows OTG devices for iPhones, I've never tried one.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,817  
I'm Double Dutch, my parents immigrated from the Netherlands in the 1950s as youth. They met a few year later, and married. Lots of stories, black salty licorice, and I'm fascinated by all the Dutch engineering and inventions.

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#1,818  
I had a boss whose mother was Danish. He had some of that black, very salty, licorice also. It’s actually pretty good but you won’t eat a entire bag of it in one sitting.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,820  
99.8 percent of all the mass in our solar system is made up of the Sun. The rest is just sort of dust.