Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,422  
One of the most interesting things to do in Florence Italy is to go to the Duomo Museum next store to the Duomo. There, they have a room filled with religious reliques that had been adorned for centuries. These were later determined to be fake. But, Oh! They are so beautiful, and complete works of art just on their own.
There’s a church in Pittsburgh, PA that has the greatest collection of relics outside of The Vatican. We’ve been there. Amazing.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,423  
Something I didn't know. :) Good Post there Mossroad.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,424  
Something I didn't know. :) Good Post there Mossroad.
It was almost overwhelming. Just like any historical collection of museum quality. They have tours. Even for non-religious people, just the historical aspects of the collection and church are incredible.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,425  
If you're ever in Santa Fe NM you must see the spiral staircase in the Loretto Chapel.
The church needed a staircase getting up to the second floor choir section. In 1878 a fellow just shows up with a few hand tools and built it. It's a work of art and just "floats" without supports. The stranger built it then just left without pay.
2022_07_27_13.27.35.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,426  
If you're ever in Santa Fe NM you must see the spiral staircase in the Loretto Chapel.
The church needed a staircase getting up to the second floor choir section. In 1878 a fellow just shows up with a few hand tools and built it. It's a work of art and just "floats" without supports. The stranger built it then just left without pay.View attachment 755996
Fascinating story and one I have followed... even the material not native to the region...

Some say it was devine intervention in answer to prayer...

I believe it is privately owned now???

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,427  
Fascinating story and one I have followed... even the material not native to the region...

Some say it was devine intervention in answer to prayer...

I believe it is privately owned now???
We were there a few years ago and don't believe it was then.