Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,354  
The first parking meter was installed in Oklahoma City on July 16, 1935. (I meant to post this on the anniversary date, but forgot.)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,355  
The first parking meter was installed in Oklahoma City on July 16, 1935. (I meant to post this on the anniversary date, but forgot.)
That’ll cost you a nickel. :LOL:

I heard on the news the other day that the first parking ticket issued for a meter violation was to a minister that parked his car at a meter, ran into a store to get change for the meter, and as he came out, there was already someone writing him a ticket.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,356  

Tell us something we don’t know.​

The city of London, England is farther north than any point in the lower 48 states.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,358  
The shopping cart was also invented in Oklahoma city. The inventor, Sylvan Goldman, owned Humpty Dumpty Super markets; I worked for them for several years in the late 50's early 60's.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,359  
That’ll cost you a nickel. :LOL:

I heard on the news the other day that the first parking ticket issued for a meter violation was to a minister that parked his car at a meter, ran into a store to get change for the meter, and as he came out, there was already someone writing him a ticket.
The only parking ticket I've ever gotten was at the University of Maine, for not having a permit. I had stopped by the police station to get one, but would have had to park so far away that it would have taken longer to get the permit than to run my errand.

It's also the only ticket that I've never paid...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,360  
I got one from my employer’s security department, on my employer’s vehicle, in my employer’s vehicle parking spot. Has the employer’s name on the side, and employer’s parking permit in the window, too. 🙃

Took it to my employer’s security department to pay it. Person behind the counter looks at it, reads it, says “Is this a ticket for parking in the spot you’re supposed to park in?” I said ”It appears so.” They shook their head and literally tore it up and threw it in the trash can and offered me a lollipop for my troubles. :LOL:

E2331688-4DB1-4C39-9A97-382BDCD32E57.jpeg