Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,301  
Freedom Train in 1976
Yah they actually rebuilt steam locomotives for that silliness. Did youknow that FL had an amendment to their constitution to build a bullet train from Jacksonville to Miami. Still waiting. They voted it in in 2000 and 4 years later removed it by popular vote in 2004

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,303  
Yah they actually rebuilt steam locomotives for that silliness. Did youknow that FL had an amendment to their constitution to build a bullet train from Jacksonville to Miami. Still waiting. They voted it in in 2000 and 4 years later removed it by popular vote in 2004

Why would you call that silliness?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,304  
We are a silly people when it comes to celebrating and commemorating as a means to educate.

I wager every single person that viewed the Freedom Train remembers…

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,305  
silliness?
It was pretty silly. Maybe worse. I can think of better uses of my money. It's never the government's money, government never earned a dime.
That latter fact has always troubled me. Government could produce lots of money. "could"

Take SS for a perfect example. Ignore politics completely. This isn't a D or an R issue.
If you invested (with a good money management firm) the same amount they took from you for SS at the same frequency over the same time frame, over the course of 30 years you'd have somewhere in the area of 6 Million dollars and the basis of it would be totally tax-free the rest, long term cap gains.

If they really wanted to do SS right, why didn't they do that?
And Taxes: They could have eliminated taxes entirely by simply investing a few years of our tax revenues.

I'm from the government and I'm here to help

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #1,306  
The other side is what happens to those that can’t or won’t invest???

Can’t say not my problem when the camps and filth are around every corner…

The local grocery store spent 20k last year clearing the camp behind the store…

Police say civil problem and that required going to court to “Evict” squatters and then the clean up began with dumpster after dumpster hauled out.

My guess is without social security there would be many more camps…

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,307  
camps and filth are around every corner…
The poor in the United States are so much better off than they ever have been it is as if they have all become kings.

Yes yes Yes I know, I know, Kings may be a bit of an overstatement but you get the point.

They have cell phones, Televisions, & Automobiles,

Heated homes and running water and indoor plumbing and electricity.

They have so much food that most of them are obese.

They have easy and usually free access to vaccinations and a great deal of medical care no charge.

There is Pro Bono Legal representation available to the poor.

They are offered entirely free education.

Find one other nation where the poor do so well.

Try Europe Poverty in Europe is getting worse, not better

or India Poverty in India: Causes, Effects, Injustice & Exclusion

Or Russia One-Fifth Of Russians Live In Poverty, 36 Percent In 'Risk Zone,' Study Finds

Now if you want to talk about the homeless you have to talk about deinstitutionalization. An idea fomented and promoted by the mental health vocations starting in the 1950s and it reached its zenith in the 1970s and it is the prime reason for chronic homelessness.

At some point pretty much everyone in the psychiatric vocations could no longer pretend not to see the unbelievably horrifying conditions our mentally ill suffered under in the institutions. Nobody it seems wants to pay for the mentally ill, so their living conditions and care and food and everything was so bad that it defies description. The howling lie we all told ourselves was that the mentally ill would be better off commingling with the normals.

We kicked everyone out of the mental institutions handed ‘em a scrip for antipsychotic meds and now they are on the street.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,308  
The other side is what happens to those that can’t or won’t invest???
If government made sure that we did, you know, "you do it or we will~!!" IT'd happen. People would yammer about being bossed around but it'd be way far better than the Zero choice and horrible result they rammed down our throats.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,309  
The poor in the United States are so much better off than they ever have been it is as if they have all become kings.

Yes yes Yes I know, I know, Kings may be a bit of an overstatement but you get the point.

They have cell phones, Televisions, & Automobiles,

Heated homes and running water and indoor plumbing and electricity.

They have so much food that most of them are obese.

They have easy and usually free access to vaccinations and a great deal of medical care no charge.

There is Pro Bono Legal representation available to the poor.

They are offered entirely free education.

Find one other nation where the poor do so well.

Try Europe Poverty in Europe is getting worse, not better

or India Poverty in India: Causes, Effects, Injustice & Exclusion

Or Russia One-Fifth Of Russians Live In Poverty, 36 Percent In 'Risk Zone,' Study Finds

Now if you want to talk about the homeless you have to talk about deinstitutionalization. An idea fomented and promoted by the mental health vocations starting in the 1950s and it reached its zenith in the 1970s and it is the prime reason for chronic homelessness.

At some point pretty much everyone in the psychiatric vocations could no longer pretend not to see the unbelievably horrifying conditions our mentally ill suffered under in the institutions. Nobody it seems wants to pay for the mentally ill, so their living conditions and care and food and everything was so bad that it defies description. The howling lie we all told ourselves was that the mentally ill would be better off commingling with the normals.

We kicked everyone out of the mental institutions handed ‘em a scrip for antipsychotic meds and now they are on the street.
Very astute; I worked for the State Health Department in the early 80's; the deinstitutionalization was going full blast at that time. Spent a lot of my legal career working with associated problems.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,310  
Good post Raul.
Deinstitutionalization...
If we had REinstitutionalization THEN we would have "gun control".