Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,081  

Newly commissioned skipper L. Ron Hubbard, yeah that one, was reportedly the one who started the depth charging from another boat that he was en route to Southern California on. He was later relieved of his command in Southern California when his boat got so lost there that he ordered firing on Mexican territory (an island that he thought was US territory).

Fun story, but I don't think it is more than a story, given the evidence so far. Then again, it starts with L. Ron Hubbard, who was definitely a master storyteller...

All the best,

Peter
I read another article that said something about him firing at a whale. Don't know if it's true or a government conspiracy to cover up "the truth", but I found it humorous.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,082  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #1,083  
Members of the German military were interned as prisoners of warin the United States during World War I and World War II. In all, 425,000 German prisoners lived in 700 camps throughout the United States during World War II.View attachment 747979
My Grandpa and Dad hired German POW's to help with wheat harvest in Kansas mid to late forties. I wonder if some of the old timers still knew how to speak German, otherwise the language barrier might have presented some difficulties.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,084  
I read another article that said something about him firing at a whale. Don't know if it's true or a government conspiracy to cover up "the truth", but I found it humorous.

Didn't the Brits (or maybe it was the Argentinians) torpedo several whales during their war over the Falklands ?...thinking they were small submarines ??

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,085  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #1,086  
Ever heard of the Ghost Army? The Top-Secret WWII Unit That Fooled the Nazis

Inflatable tanks, and lots of bar talk to pass the messages on.

And the one of the most important operations for the success of D-Day;
"Agent Garbo" A good read if you are interested in history. Amother one of those things not mentioned in high school history...

All the best,

Peter

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,087  
The balloon bombs are something we take seriously in the PNW. It is believed that there are dozens of undiscovered crash sites spread through out the vast wilderness areas that no one hikes. The latest one discovered was in 2014 in British Columbia and was considered to have still been explosive. It was cleared using C4 charges. Every school child is taught to be aware of any large wheel like object found in the woods.

The German POW camps, from some local oral accounts, were fairly slack. The Germans didn't want to escape and go back to fight for ******. It was common to issue day passes for them to go in to town, and return to the camp at night fall. Or so it was portrayed that way by the War Department, to encourage active German solders to surrender.

With that said, this escape attempt should be made in to a movie.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #1,088  
Not for the faint of heart, but Anti-submarine, aircraft crews would routinely use Orcas and whales for target practice in the 50's along the coasts of Iceland and Greenland. The Icelanders approved as the Orcas were considered pests by their fishing industry.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,090  
The balloon bombs are something we take seriously in the PNW. It is believed that there are dozens of undiscovered crash sites spread through out the vast wilderness areas that no one hikes. The latest one discovered was in 2014 in British Columbia and was considered to have still been explosive. It was cleared using C4 charges. Every school child is taught to be aware of any large wheel like object found in the woods.

The German POW camps, from some local oral accounts, were fairly slack. The Germans didn't want to escape and go back to fight for ******. It was common to issue day passes for them to go in to town, and return to the camp at night fall. Or so it was portrayed that way by the War Department, to encourage active German solders to surrender.

With that said, this escape attempt should be made in to a movie.

Great article!!! 👍