Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,011  
From the USA, one isn't allowed to bring firewood into Canada. However, mill ends and scrap wood are okay. :)
You aren't allowed to bring firewood to Maine either, but a lot of people do it. Actually you aren't supposed to transport it more than 50 miles from the source unless it's been heat treated. I believe it's the same in a lot of states, as we try to keep some of the invasive bugs under control.

With little to no success, I might add. 👎

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,012  
I did not know that. :)
David Bowie's real name was David Jones...not to be confused with Davy Jones of The Monkees. Bowie's second band was called The Manish Boys. When Soupy's son joined they renamed it The Soupy Manish Boys.
Davy Jones would of joined but didn't think The Soupy Manish Monkey Boys would go over too well.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,013  
In the summer of 2002 wife and I were coming back from a BMW motorcycle rally held in Canada. Bike broke down and was on a trailer being towed. We get to the US border and the tow truck driver said I have to stop at the office to get a work permit to cross the border. As he stepped out of the truck US border guards hollered to get in the truck. He said I need to go in the office, they hollered more and 2 guys with rifles started coming to the truck. Exciting times right after 9-11.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,014  
In the summer of 2002 wife and I were coming back from a BMW motorcycle rally held in Canada. Bike broke down and was on a trailer being towed. We get to the US border and the tow truck driver said I have to stop at the office to get a work permit to cross the border. As he stepped out of the truck US border guards hollered to get in the truck. He said I need to go in the office, they hollered more and 2 guys with rifles started coming to the truck. Exciting times right after 9-11.
In fall of 2014 we were doing a cruise project on a naval base which required us to go through security every morning and night. For the first week or so everything was rather lackadaise, including the guards. On the anniversary of Sept 11 though, we showed up and found a couple of no-nonsense seamen manning the gate. You just got the sense they could kill you with their look, if anyone stepped out of line.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,015  
Here's something most people don't know.
Where to we get most of our oxygen we breathe to live. Trees...right?
No...the ocean! Phytoplankton, kelp, and algal plankton provides the most oxygen we need.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,016  
1653442702539.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,017  
Here's something most people don't know.
Where to we get most of our oxygen we breathe to live. Trees...right?
No...the ocean! Phytoplankton, kelp, and algal plankton provides the most oxygen we need.
The question remains, Where does the Oxygen we DON"T NEED come from?

Inquiring minds need to know ;-)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #1,019  
Early airplanes, WWI had a go, no-go sort of ignition system. It was on or it was off and nothing in between. So you hear these planes running up and cutting off as the engines only had one speed. There were no variable carburetors the pilot could control.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #1,020  
Early airplanes, WWI had a go, no-go sort of ignition system. It was on or it was off and nothing in between. So you hear these planes running up and cutting off as the engines only had one speed. There were no variable carburetors the pilot could control.
Also, the pilots wore those scarfs not to stay warm, but to wipe the castor oil that the two stroke radial engines spit out, off their goggles.