Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,721  
Yep... they do seem to be plenty around...

A friend was drilling for water and up came an artesian hot spring... Sonoma.

Scrambled to get it plugged as steaming water bubbling from the ground creating a stream is not what they were looking for... makes me wonder if I would sleep soundly if my home was over a geothermal cauldron?
Did they just plug it off ?
I would have hoped they valved it in to be able to use for heating.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,722  
Did they just plug it off ?
I would have hoped they valved it in to be able to use for heating.
No… lots of concrete as the volume created a stream and flooding the grapes…

Birds seem to like it down some from the source.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,723  
Neighbor has a plugged well hole that yielded hot water when drilled. They moved the hole 50 yds and got cold water. My well is 100 yds from that hot well and we hit cold water a few times on the way down (500 ft). This well has been good for the past 20 plus yrs but the water here is alkaline which has a corrosive factor. Ss it's hard on pipes, faucets, sprinkler heads, etc. I read there may be some health benefit to drinking alkaline water but, my old neighbor blamed the water on repeated kidney stone episodes...?
There are still 'miracle' hot spring spas locally. Not sure about the real benefit of that besides soothing sore muscles and drying out your skin

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,724  
IMG_0877.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,725  
I believe this is also the boy that got into the bathtub, while waiting for help, so he wouldn't get blood on the carpet. Talk about a tough kid.

Also, I believe his arms were ripped off by an unloader auger for corn. Can you even imagine?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,726  
reattached ?? in 1992 ?? is that even possible ? are they functionable? it's the first time I hear such thing.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,727  
reattached ?? in 1992 ?? is that even possible ? are they functionable? it's the first time I hear such thing.
Old news. Near certain reattached. Was in all the farm pubs.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,728  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #7,729  

Interesting story. Life doesn't stop at the news item.
I read where his life has been a challenge with lots of problems because of the trauma.