Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,492  
We could still be independent easily, just back off some of the EPA's mandates and requirements. Much of crude and even the natural gas in this country does not refine to the standards we have let the EPA place on fuels and emissions. Our "sour" crude is shipped overseas and we purchase "sweet" crude and gas in it's place.
I think the only “sweet crude“ in the US is West Texas Intermediate. WTI - from the Permian Basin.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,493  
I think the only “sweet crude“ in the US is West Texas Intermediate. WTI - from the Permian Basin.
It's been several years (30) since I was down there, at that time that was mostly sour gas and crude listed as Midland sour from the Permian Basin..
I was under the impression at that time most of the sweet was PA and shale oil out of the four corners area.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,496  
Okay, what is the difference between sweet and sour crude? I’m not familiar with the terms.

What makes a particular crude sweet or sour is the amount of sulfur it contains. Sweet crude has very low levels of sulfur, well under 1%. Sour crude has as much as 1-2% of sulfur.

Midstream companies and refiners that transport, store, and process sour oil know they need extra treating capabilities to take out the sulfur and sweeten the product.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,498  
EV bikes cost a few thousand,

- garage sale bike is $20
- Harbor Freight LI 20V cordless drill $49.

Drill looks like 4mph maybe. I put this on a $50 Walmart clearance bike. It tops out at about 40, but 35mph no problem, even some moderate hills on pavement. I had a Briggs on another bike but 65mph no helmet I parked it!
2023_12_04_16.22.04.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,499  
Okay, what is the difference between sweet and sour crude? I’m not familiar with the terms.
Light crude has an API gravity greater than 31. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil, which has an API of about 40, is the North American benchmark for pricing light sweet crude. Light crudes are primarily refined into gasoline, diesel and aviation fuels.