Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,011  
One of the great movies. I watch it every few years and will still occasionally catch a sight joke I hadn't noticed before. Example the sign outside the church lissting the membership.
Howard Johnson’s Ice Cream Parlor … 1 Flavor

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#4,012  
The United States at the beginning of WW2 had been building badly defective torpedoes and this continued for around two years. They ran too deep, the magnetic exploders were defective, the contact exploders were defective. They also ran a circular run sometimes and on more than one occasion came back and sank the submarine that fired it. There were numerous occasions the target was seen to be hit or heard to be hit with an audible clang with no detonation.

The biggest reason this occurred was they were considered expensive and live fire tests weren’t done nearly enough.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,013  
You know you're at the bottom when you got this job! Especially after Taco Tuesday Night!

FBB9FDD7-FC03-4233-9EBA-59415DFB34D3.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,014  
You know you're at the bottom when you got this job! Especially after Taco Tuesday Night!

View attachment 795358
A place I rented years ago had an attached two story garage. The first floor was an old horse stable, the stalls were still intact and the wooden floor was scarred by horseshoes. You also could see where the old outhouse had been. It had been torn out years ago but the chute was still there coming down from the second floor. I’ve heard jokes for years about a”two story outhouse”, but this was the first time I had seen one.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,015  
A place I rented years ago had an attached two story garage. The first floor was an old horse stable, the stalls were still intact and the wooden floor was scarred by horseshoes. You also could see where the old outhouse had been. It had been torn out years ago but the chute was still there coming down from the second floor. I’ve heard jokes for years about a”two story outhouse”, but this was the first time I had seen one.
1681514270394.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,016  
There is a town Named Hell, in Norway. It does freeze over every winter.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,018  
On the 13th hour of Oct. 13, Flight 666 for HEL departed — for one final Friday the 13th flight.

Then it landed, safe and ahead of schedule, in Helsinki.

What, were you worried?

Finnair's Flight 666 from Copenhagen, Denmark, (CPH) to Helsinki (HEL) is a regularly scheduled flight. The number 666 is, of course, "the number of the beast," popularly associated with the devil from Christianity. And because Friday the 13th isn't uncommon — there's one at least every year and frequently several per year — that means the unlucky confluence of flight number and departure date has happened before.

Twenty-one times, in fact, according to the airline.

But this one is the last. The company is rearranging flight numbers, and Flight 666 to HEL will be no more starting later this month.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,020  
Used to be one in California.

Hell-CA-Map.jpgHell-CA-aerial.jpg

Bypassed by freeway, then died.

Bruce